Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

Mask Image with MAKE_NEEDLE

Guest harry3

Hi!As you can see at the picture below, I want to make a simple MFD, which just should show an arc. The other part(inside the yellow drawn rectangle) should be hidden by a mask.Since now I've just worked with XML. But as we're learning C at school now, I'm now trying to make some gauges in C.In XML, you can hide every drawing element( and ) by a mask.In C, I've read that this is only possible for some of the Macros, and it's impossible for MAKE_NEEDLE.So what to do? Is there really no way to do it via MAKE_NEEDLE? Must I take an other macro? If yes, which one?Regards,Harry :-)

Guest bartels

MAKE_SPRITE or an additional, partional transpareant (RGB(0,0,0)) MAKE_STATIC above the MAKE_NEEDLE. Since you are so close to the border, a MAKE_SPRITE is it possibly anyway. MAKE_NEEDLEs trend to deform if their bitmap hits the panel bitmap border.Arne Bartels

Guest JeanLuc_

Looks like you also have a very good Wx Radar in the set! is this working?

Guest harry3

Thanks for the answer!Well, such a bitmap works good for the area of the gauge. But outside of the gauge, the bitmap shows up! Is there any way that a bitmap is cut of if it leaves the border of the gauge?And one other thing: The magenta line I've drawn shows up in FS Panel Studio as it should. But if I look at the line in FS, it doesn't look very nice...Regards,Harry

Guest harry3

>Looks like you also have a very good Wx Radar in the set! is>this working?No, it doesn't show any WX yet. And if I would built such a function in, it just would be faked, as there is no way to show WX in Flight Simulator.(or at least I don't have any idea where to get WX-the information from!)Regards,Harry

Guest bartels

Did you try a MAKE_SPRITE? That should give correct masking, apart from that a "fat needle" (almost square bitmap) works better with MAKE_SPRITE then with MAKE_NEEDLE, move the gauge down on the panel bitmap, without the mask and have a look, the rotated MAKE_NEEDLE bitmap can't move beyond the panel bitmap and gives strange deformings, MAKE_SPRITE don't do that.Arne Bartels

Guest harry3

I forgot to answer that I've already solved the problems with MAKE_SPRITE.But MAKE_SPRITE seems to hava a strange side-effect: It doesn't just take the drawing element once, it takes the drawing element many times and does the same moving or rotating with all of those!If the bitmap is very big, you just will see one of those elements, like with the rose, because all others are hidden behind the mask. But if the drawing element is small, as this pink needle, it will show up very often. What to do against this? Is it the only way to incrase the bitmap size as long as just one needle remains?The middle one is the correct one. It shows exactly into the right direction. All others are just parallel to this one. Regards,Harry

Guest harry3

I've now increased the bitmap size so that the needle is visible only one time[see picture]. So this problem is solved too.But I don't like the the thought that there are quite a few parallel ones which all do the same, just hidden behind the mask.So, is this a bug of the Gauge's system or did I make any mistake?Regards,Harry