Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Quashing the MS pink wash in VC

I think I understand that the VC lighting is primarily controlled by an effects file. However, when I make changes to this to get rid of the pink wash - by substituting a white VC effects file, for example; it seems to be overridden by whatever lighting I have chosen for the 2D panel in the PANEL.CFG.Am I correct? Sorry if this is an old chestnut, but I couldn't find any threads discussing changing the VC lighting in existing aircraft, only stuff (and a great tutorial, thanks) on creating new VCs.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

<<>>This is not the case. Having now played around considerably more I have determined that the reason I thought that before was because of FS9's tendency not to refresh stuff every time. A reboot made things clear to me.Whatever light settings you make in the PANEL.CFG for the 2D panel have no relationship to those you make for the VC by way of the effects files. Seem to have answered my own question ..Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg