Sign in to follow this  
Guest skywarrior

Change AIS in Mini-panel

Guest skywarrior

A local museum recently installed FS2002 on their desktop sims. The Director of Simulator Center is a good friend of mine & has asked me if i could change out the AIS in the mini-panel, which is what they use for a panel. He wants the Cessna 172 ASI. Antone know how to do this? This is not my area of expertise. I downloaded FSStudio Panel & then found out that they don't support mini-panels. Any help would greatly appreciated.Thanks,JimSubject should read ASI, not AIS. Oh well that's what happens when you get old.

Guest cwood

Replacing the FS2002 mini-panel ASI with the Cessna 172 ASI is a very simple task.Here are the steps.1) Close FS20022) Using Windows Explorer go to:C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/FS2002/Aircraft/default/panel and backup the file named "panel.cfg"3) Open the existing panel.cfg file with NOTEPAD ... do not use a wordprocessor!4) Scroll down to the section titled:MiniPanel00 ... there will be a bracket in front and at the end of this title, but this forum ignores bracketed items so I had to remove them. and then move past four or five data lines to the list of gauges.5) The existing first gauge will read:gauge00=MiniPanel!Airspeed, 0, 0, 100, 1006) Add a double-slash, //, at the beginning of this line ... which makes it look like a Remark rather than a data entry.that first line should now look like://gauge00=MiniPanel!Airspeed, 0, 0, 100, 1007) Type a new "gauge00" line EXACTLY like this, including the exclamation point ... you may place it exactly before or exactly after the line you just remarked out, doesn't matter:gauge00=Cessna172!Airspeed, 0, 0, 100, 100Note again the exclamation point and also that there are four commas there.Double-check that your new gauge line exactly duplicates this one, THEN SAVE THE PANEL.CFG FILE.Open FS2002 and now the minipanel ASI for ALL single-engine prop planes will be the Cessna 172 Air Speed Indicator.If you want to change back, delete the new gauge00 line that you typed, remove the double slash lines in front of the original gauge00 line, and save the panel.cfg file.Let me know if you run into any problems.Charles Woodchwood11@aol.com

Guest skywarrior

Thanks Charles. Worked fine. Appreciate the help.Jim Brown