Sign in to follow this  
Guest skiperoo

Kaman SH-2F Seasprite

Guest skiperoo

Back when I had FS2000, I downloaded and installed the marvelous "Kaman SH-2F Seasprite" helo designed by Adrian and Ian Brausch. And I just loved flying it. When I was in the US Navy stationed aboard USS OUELLET FF1077, I got the rare opportunity to ride as a passenger in that aircraft. So the model was my favorite of all the flightsim aircraft that I had at the time. Now I have FS2004 installed and was wondering if someone out there who knows how to design flighsim aircraft might want to take a crack at designing an SH-2F for use in FS2004. It's original livery was of the RNZN Navy. But would love to have one with USN markings, and USS OUELLET FF1077 designation on it. I tried contacting the original author's of that aircraft. But their email address has long since become inactive. I do have the original files of that aircraft, if someone is interested. I would do it myself, but I don't know how. And just don't have the time.Thanks,FCCS Earl A. Watkins USNRET

Guest skiperoo

This aircraft in real life was used primarily for anti-submarine warfare "ASW". And was deployed onboard the ship. In addition to it's primary ASW roll, it served a number of other tasks such as search and rescue, and underway replenishments.

Guest Captain Geoff

Did you ever get that SH-2F for FS2004?I can certainly do the repaint, but I'm searching for a SH-2F myself for the Virtual US Navy http://vusn.orgYou're welcome to come and fly with us BTW....Senior Captain, Pier Glass AviationCDR, VUSNHC-5 Commanding

Guest skiperoo

Hi Captain,No I never did get an SH-2F for FS2004. I kind of went off in another direction. I've been designing US Navy surface ships for use in FS2004. And that has been taking up all of my spare time. The plan is to construct most all the ships I served on during my Naval career.Thanks for the invite to fly with you guy's. But I just don't have the time right now.Regards,skiperoo

Guest Captain Geoff

Awesome info on these ships. I have a simulation that drives them around in FS. I've even developed a piece of code that lets you land on moving platforms - though due to timing problems it has a kind of jerky affect while on deck. None-the-less it is much better to land a helo on a moving platform. (Too bad M$ didn't implement landable moving ships!)Too bad about the SH-2F. If I even had a clue where to begin to make an aircraft model I would make a 2F in a heartbeat. I too fell in love with the bird while in the Navy. I love ASW ops and a *Light* Airborne Mobile Platform better helicopter there isn't. I've read somewhere recently where there is going to be a "Super Seasprite" which looks like it may be deployed on non-US ships. So maybe the Seasprite isn't quite dead.I'm always looking for ships to drive around - so if those ships you are making have .cfg files I could use as AI "planes" I'd love to include them in the overall package. If you are interested email me at geoff@mcleanresearch.com. Senior Captain, Pier Glass Aviation