Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwood

looking for FS2004 digital windspeed gauge

Guest cwood

Hello All,Existing digital windspeed gauges read wind direction as true, as in real life, but now that FS2004 reports winds in magnetic, I'm searching for a windspeed gauge ... direction and speed in kts, that also reports direction as magnetic.Can anyone point me towards such a gauge? Not looking for a lot of other bells and whistles, just windspeed and magnetic direction.Thanks very much.Charles Wood

For an all digital type display, the following will work giving all 3 True, Mag and Speed. Use as you'd like if you're into XML.. There is also a full gauge attached. %((A:Ambient wind direction, degrees))%!03d!% True %((A:Ambient wind direction, degrees) (A:MAGVAR, degrees) - dnor)%!03d!% Mag %((A:Ambient wind velocity, knots))%!03d!% Kts% Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest cwood

Hi Roman,I'm flunking every IQ test in the books on this one. First thanks for your generous response.1) I downloaded ZipOffic10 so that I could compress windspeed.xml into a cab file.FS Panel Studio recognizes it when I select the gauge, but from there everything falls apart.End result, no gauge appears on the panel. What ultra-basic step am I missing other than the compression of the XML file into a cab format?Thanks again for your help.Charlie

Guest bartels

You know that it isn't necessary to recab the xml gauges? Maybe for Panel Studio, but not for FS.Arn Bartels

Guest cwood

Hi Arne,Thanks for that welcome news on not needing to recab the XML gauge for FS. But this clueless one is making no progress.Here is the gauge name as it appears in my fs9 gauges folder:windspeed.xml ... a 1 KB file.and in my panel.cfg file:gauge39=windspeed, 654,414,200,50The 200 and 50 dimensions are guesses since I don't know how to determine the aspect ratio of this XML file.I'm obviously missing something very basic.Charlie

Hi,The gauge is ok, made the same with dir needle as in reality, but you need probably (file "cabbed" in Gauge folder):gauge39=windspeed!windspeed, 654,414,200,50 or (file "uncabbed" in Gauge folder):gauge39=!windspeed, 654,414,200,50 Hope this helps, Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi,Hope this helps...In a folder or cabbed named WindSpeed its syntax is: ( either in panel folder or gauges folder ) gauge39=WindSpeed!WindSpeed, XX, YYThe .xml all by itself is : ( either in panel folder or gauges folder )gauge39=!WindSpeed, XX, YYIts normal size is 190,21From what I see so far it is an easy fix...... Punctuation... It is WindSpeed not Windspeed. Change the XML or panel .cfg to suit..If you get it going and need it modified to suit your needs let me know.. Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest cwood

Thanks to those who pointed out the need for the leading Exclamation point in the gauge name, and now I have access to a useful gauge.A question and two requests to Roman:1) Roman mentioned default gauge size was 190 x 21 ... How would I, the user, determine that?2) A double-request on the gauge.a) Could I have it with green characters rather than red characters?:( Could I have a specialized model showing only mag direction, not true, and only two digits for the windspeed, and again all with green characters?Thanks very much. I love learning new things.Charlie

Hi,Try1. Color="#00FF00" 2. %((A:Ambient wind direction, degrees) (A:MAGVAR,degrees) - dnor)%!03d!% Mag %((A:Ambient wind velocity,knots))%!02d!% Kts%Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest cwood

Thanks for the very useful help. Very much appreciated.Charlie