Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

Basics of editing a panel bitmap

Guest cwra6

I am brand new at this and know just enough to be frustrating myself silly. I am trying to adapt the bitmap of the 2d panel of a plane I have, to removed the side windscreen frame. I have photoshop - opened up the file, extracted out the part of the panel I want to save (not including the windscreen frame) - cleaned up the edges, saved it with a black background on a second layer. Of course, this didn't work. I have a nice panel in the sim, but no outside view. What is the proceedure for defining what is panel and what is outside in the bitmap?A tutorial on the subject would also be helpful if anyone can point me. Many thanks.Colin

Hi Colin,The easiest way: the part of the bitmap that you don't want anymore, color that pure black (0,0,0).That will show up as transparant in FS panels.Rob

Guest cw1011

Thanks-that must be what I'm doing wrong.