Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul_H

Work in progress

Guest Paul_H

>Wow!! :-eek :-eek :(>>That's amazing :) This is the best Airbus I've seen in Flight>Sim ..... and I've been around for five years :-eek :)>>Will it be freeware or payware? :)Thanks- High praise from a five year old ! ;) (only joking).I'm glad you like the work and apologies for not replying sooner but real world work commitments are high at the moment.If the work is liked by a developer then I suppose I'd go down the payware route.Maybe everyone from now on should say the work sucks! ;)Thanks again for the kind wordshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/52119.jpg

Guest Valid_Andy

OH MY GOD!!!!!! There incredible mate:P Keep up the awsome work!!! Which ones are payware besides the Bae and L1011 then?Man thats ace, do you have MSN or ICQ? I wanna ask you a few questions about your modelling method:D Keep up the awesome work Man:9

Guest Paul_H

Sorry AndyI have no MSN or ICQ at the moment.However if there is any way I can help with design questions then ask away; I don't mind sharing what I know:- though most of what I know is out there on the net.Thanks again.Paul

Guest Valid_Andy

Cool:P I was basically wondering how you did your wingroot/fuse to wing fairing things ( dont know the real name sorry ) I can't get mine the right shape (they are hard ones though) but i just wondred how you do it. I've used a few techniques and i can't find a good method:( Thanks for any help:D

Ok shame on me, but I have to ask....are these Viewpoint models? :-shy Paul, Consider this a very good compliment if there not :-)DannyCYVR

Guest Paul_H

AndyI spent 20 min responding to your request ......then we had a power failure.Sorry.I will try and answer your query on Monday (I have some holidays).Danny the images you see are GMAX images in transparent mode.Back to my other job.Paul.

Guest Valid_Andy

Cool thanks a lot man:) Sorry to hear about the power failure!

Guest JamesM

Please, do not go payware, please ???

Guest odog

>Please, do not go payware, please ??? I have to agree here, It would be disappointing to see a member of this forum show off his work here only to charge money for it. Freeware has its own type of payments, until you have a popular public release, its hard to understand. Get satisfaction from the design through the enjoyment of others, plus, I think that its only fair that a designer release some freebies to payback the community for the use of others freework. be different, be freeware... its becoming rare.joeHHDS

Guest Paul_H

JoeIt is not my intention to abuse or disregard any rules laid down by this forum.At the moment I am designing aircraft for my enjoyment. I have been approached by publishers but I have not taken up any contract for any of the work you've seen.To do so would be a clear breach of the rules laid down by this forum on commercial advertising.However IF I decide to go down the route of payware by my own choice my first action will be to go to the forum administrator and have this posting removed. It is the right thing to do.I did it last year for my 146 project. I thought I was going somewhere with it commercially and I asked all my postings be removed. It never happened; that's life so I'm back.The freeware / payware debate is one I do not want to entertain as each point of view is equally valid. It is a problem associated with all hobbies and past-times. The debate has been aired on many occasions and it only leads to flame wars. Like life it just ain't black and white and I don't want to upset anyone. I just want to build aircraft.I post here because I have pride in my work and I enjoy the feedback and criticism. I have built an A330 (HD333*.zip /HD332*.zip) before and released it as freeware back in the good ol' days of FS98 and flight shop. It did quite well then despite FS limitations. I know what it's like to have 'popular public release' and I also know the value of it.regards Paul

Guest Paul_H

A reply for AndySorry Andy in delaying my reply to your query on designing keels and wing to body fairings.Firstly I am assuming you are building an airliner. Second assumption I'm making is that you are using GMAX. If not, this may have little relevance but here goes. I'd guess there is not much difference in principle with FSDS.As a rule I try to obtain model kit of the aircraft I build. I suggest going for scale 1:144 or 1:100 but obviously whatever is available for the aircraft must do. I take a lot of measurements using a micrometer, a set of vernier calipers, a ruler and a calculator. I visit Boeing and Airbus websites regularly and visit Airliners.net and Jet photos.net and buy books for reference material.Most airliners are tubes. At the start of my design I insure that have excess sections in that tube, because from a workload point of view it is easier to remove extra sections than add them.I work from the nose backwards; no convention here just a personal preference. Once I reach the the beginning of the keel area I remove the bottom half of the lower length of tube which should correspond to the length of the keel.If you study a keel section in most cases they are 'round cornered' open box shapes. I take the tube section I have removed and start to shape from the side first. In most cases from the side the keel is somewhat aerofoil shaped tapering at the front and rear. With this multi section tube I try to shape as close as possible to the desire aerofoil shape. Next I know that keels are generally flat based to accomodate the airconditioning units and landing gear wheel wells. Looking fore and aft I shape the keel to this box shape I mentioned earlier and at the corners I try to round them.Next I move the keel back into position with the rest of the aircraft. The keel is usually wider than the fuselage so it narrows at the front and back to attach itself to the fuselage.Finally I will adjust the keels and the fuselage section so vertices line up so there is no ugly bleed through or 'cracks of light'. I use the create polygon tool to make extra polygons on the fuselage to attach to the narrowed tapered fore and aft sections of the keel.Don't be disheartened Andy -it is very tricky and only with some practice and a good reference will the results be achieved. I hope this helps you with your problem. This is my way but I'm sure there are many other ways that work well and maybe easier than mine.regards Paul

Guest Valid_Andy

Thanks for the explanation i'll give it a go some time:)The gears looking ace aswell:D