Sign in to follow this  
Guest jnc

Another FSDS question ...................

Guest jnc

I have animated my Landing gear as per the examples. They are l_gearr_gear and c_gear. The other parts of the gear are named as child parts.Ok, I have animated these with Keyframe 0 being gear up and Keyframe 100 gear down.When I start FS and try the model the main gears retract and extend ok but the nose gear will not move. I have checked it's name c_gear and checked its animation. Nothing. I have tried using the Mooney and the Beech as a model basis.Help please.

Guest jnc

just an update.I tried tagging the nose leg as a child of the l-gear and animating it again. This works the gear will retrat. When I go back to calling it c_gear ... again it will not workAny ideas??Thanks

It sounds like you aren't doing anything wrong. Sometimes in FSDS2, things don't work the way they should, and I can't figure out why. It's pretty rare, but usually, I just delete the part, and start over.Maybe try making a new c_gear, but just make it a very small box. Rename the old c_gear to something else, and then make it the child part of the small box you made. Now animate the small box as the landing gear - the old part should move with it. The idea is for the small box to be hidden within the other part, so you can't see it.- Martin

Guest FelixFFDS

My absolutely and totally off the wall comment:Do you have a point.0 in your aircraft.cfg [contact_points] section identifying the c_gear position?(In case it may have been deleted/overwritten by point.O (letter O) or something like that)Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Guest jnc

//GEARpoint.0 = 1, 4.53, -0.03, -5.00, 1600, 0, 0.633, 40, 0.42, 4.0, 0.90, 3.0, 3.0, 0, 152, 180point.1 = 1, -1.41, -4.47, -4.67, 1600, 1, 0.886, 0, 0.50, 2.5, 0.85, 4.1, 4.3, 2, 152, 200point.2 = 1, -1.41, 4.44, -4.67, 1600, 2, 0.886, 0, 0.50, 2.5, 0.85, 4.3, 4.1, 3, 152, 200Felix.... Above is a cut/paste from the config.I tried deleting all the nosewheel parts and making a simple rectangle that was in the correct position and then animated it as c_gear. It only had two positions frame 100 down and frame 0 up.When tried in FS ... again it will not move. It is shown retracted in the aircraft selection screen on FS, but when flying stays in the down position.I am at a slight loss now.ThanksJohn

Guest Firestriker

Try setting your first keyframe at 1 instead of 0 on the time scale.Lou