Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Looking for programmers to help beta test and troubleshoot

Guest Jon_Gibbs

I have written a nice little GDI+ gauge for some research and it works fine in FS9 and Fs2002. However, I have only been able to get it to work on my computer! For some reason on the other two computers I have tested on with FS2002 and Fs9, both sims report an error with the gauge and refuse to load it. One machine was windows 98 while the other was xp. I don't have any other test computers to try and find the trend so I need some help as well as any suggestions. ThanksJon

Guest bartels

Did you provide also the gdiplus.dll? At least the W98 machine needs it, the XP should be equipped with it by default. Which compiler? There was a problem reported with BCC compiled gauges on XP if I recall it correctly.Here the makefile mod for "init_module":#init_module=c0d32x.obj#Modification after Robert K. Guy on flightsim.com's Panel Design Forum.#The use of "c0d32.obj" instead of "c0d32x.obj" might cure the lockup problems on Windows XP, untested.#At least it doesn't do any harm using it for Win98.init_module=c0d32.objArne Bartels

Jon, I have XP pro, if you want to, you can send me the gauge at tiberiu11(@)yahoo.comSincerely,Tiberiu Brasov

Guest Jon_Gibbs

Im using Visual C++ .net. The gdiplus.dll is in the folder where the build takes place and I tried placing it in several folders under windows on both machines with no luck. I don't use makefile to build gauges, I just use the old way from the tutorial with VC++6. Could that be the difference?ThanksJon

Guest bartels

I use also the IDE of VC++ to compile my GDI+ gauges (all gauges actually) without any problems so far. I place the gdiplus.dll in the FS main folder. If you want drop me gauge and/or sources at arne.bartels@nwn.deArne Bartels

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi,I'm using init_module=c0d32x.obj with no problem whatsoever.Hope this helps!(well not in this case because of VC++.net :-) )