Sign in to follow this  
Guest fabrytnix

Flight1 & piracy

Hmm, if Flight One's attempt to support their customer results in you accusing them of theft in a public forum then we too are glad that you haven't considered our products.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest bstolle

Please show me the part where I accused Flight1 of theft...RegardsBernt Capt 767

Poor choice of words on my part...should have said inference that Flight 1 was guilty of theft because you weren't satisfied with the speed of their support.The title of the thread was clearly made to cast dispersions on Flight 1 and to infer that they had mistreated you in some way.Any casual reader of this thread could come to the same conclusion and probably already have...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest bstolle

Just for clarification, I would never have started this thread if there wouldn't have been this ongoing piracy discussion and about the flightsimmers being the 'bad' guys.It was a coincidence that I had this one-time-only bad experience with Flight1. So I pointed out what had happened and that very good companies like Carenado are still there without any 'must have' problematic, time consuming protection systems.>Flight 1 was guilty of theft because you weren't satisfied with the speed of their support.Not true. I said that the 'ticket was closed' and hence the support ended as soon as I had paid for the full version.I was surprised that there was no further support planned.Not a single word about theft.If you mix up the request for customer support with the accusation of theft......I want to point out how professional and customer oriented AGAIN, Steve has handled this whole issue. Hats off!As Steve and I have both agreed that we are back at square one, it makes me sad that this thread is still active due to a vendor who isn't even remotely involved.I would highly appreciate if we can put this to rest now. RegardsBernt Capt 767

Guest fabrytnix

Unfortunately there is not at all solidarity in flightsim community and more in general in consumer community.The reality is this one:all software is regulary cracked and protections are effective only against honest people that buy the software.I think that communuty should boycot software houses that use protections that play up (i mean create discomfort or problems to) theirs customers

I've already said that my choice of words was poor. I should have read from a bit more in depth view than a casual observers point of view. That's what I get for posting while exhausted... On the surface it seems there is nothing more here than another disgruntled customer who infers that he is mistreated by a vendor.I'm happy to let it rest as well:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest zzmikezz

Bernt,At the risk of spoiling what is in fact a beautiful friendship, I must say something to you in public . . .You wrote " about the flightsimmers being the 'bad' guys."I never said that, nor do I recall anybody else saying that. I recall many comments, including some from me, to the effect that sometimes customer support hassles have driven people from both the payware and freeware industries.As a customer I have a realistic set of expectations. I don

Great idea! Who, in your opinion, does that leave available as vendors?DJ

Guest zzmikezz

ubersu and jskorna,Who were you talking to? And could you be more explicit about what you were saying?

Speaking to Fabrizio... I'm curious as to which vendors meet his criteria for completely inoffensive protection systems and perfect support.DJ

Guest fabrytnix

Actually unfortunately the general level of reliability is quite low, some SH doesn't resolve bugs, others don't keep their words, others if you have a disk crash and you have not a backup of files, or of keys, or if you have not the number of your old credit card that you changed, and so one... you are not able to reinstall the product you have honestly paid.May be I remember not well, but I think that times a go the situation was much better than the actual one.Every SH has a "valid" justification for these problems, but I think those justifications are not convincing, or are not convincing the criteria used to solve.More deeply: in older and/or more advanced markets or environments there is more consideration about ethic.But ethic behaviours have to be stimulated by consumers,

Guest zzmikezz

Fabrizio,What does