Sign in to follow this  
Guest fabrytnix

Flight1 & piracy

What I meant was that you provided an alternate persons email address that the upgrade order could be under. That did not match what you gave, but I found a variation of that email address tied to the FSX upgrade of your original FS2004 version order number.So your original order was used as part of the upgrade to the FSX version at some point in December.The upgrade is not dependent on hardware... but it is dependent on data you enter when purchasing the upgrade (your "certificate number" from your previous sale).

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Fabrizio,Thank you for your thoughts. Perhaps I have been fortunate in my choice of vendors; I have never had a problem with obtaining keys, etc. I do keep records of all my purchases, and I do keep backups of the installed products on several machines and on CD as well. Flight1 - whose name is in the title of this thread - has sold me a number of products (and other vendors who use the F1 wrapper have sold me even more) and in every case I have had no problems in re-installation or in obtaining replacement keys if required. They have an excellent and simple to use system that requires a minimum of recordkeeping. I must admit that I actually enjoy doing business with them.Having said that, I must also say that some vendors suffer from a degree of paranoia that is almost pathological, provide inadequate or unwilling support, and have complex and difficult registration systems for their products. I generally don't do business with them more than once, and keep an eye on the forums (with a degree of suspicion, since there are always two sides to a story...) to watch out for those who might be suspect.What's the bottom line? I guess that it is up to the consumer to pay attention, use all sources of information available, and to protect him or herself by keeping proper backups and records. In addition, one should be aware that companies do go out of business, that support ends for obsolete products, that promises and expectations may not be fulfilled, and that not every bug can or will be fixed no matter how important that bug may seem to a given user.I generally stay out of these discussions because they rarely seem to go anywhere, but thought that some degree of reason might be appropriate in this one. I've enjoyed FS for many years, seen a lot of changes, have drawers full of obsolete products, had good and bad products, seen vendors come and go, and had a heck of a good time in spite of it all!Regards,DJ:-)

Well said Ubersu:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest zzmikezz

That was most eloquent, ubersu. How would you like to write for The Aviator magazine, of which I am the Chief Editor? (And Advertising Manager, folks. :))

Guest fabrytnix

Ubersu,I don't agree with you about F1: me too times ago in particular with LDS 767 I had problems.because of credit card number and disk changed.F1 doesn't resolve my problem and I had to make a research in bank to find an old electronic credit card number.I repeat that honest consumer haven't to get problems because of piracy and I'm sorry but I repeat that protection are effective only against honest consumers, Agreed with you about discussions that rarely go somwhere.However should be enough whenever discussion stmulate thinking overP.S @ zzmikezz: SH means software house

Slightly off topic regarding FS but a game called Bioshock suffered a lot of problems due to the method of activating and limiting the amount of times it could be reactivated. Needless to say a lot of copies no doubt have been pirated and loss of sales simply because legitimate people wanted to avoid the hassle and it was easier to get a copy with a crack than install the original.My experience with F1 has been fine. I had several email addresses on different orders and I sent them an email asking to put the same email on all the orders and they did. I now have a txt doc with all my purchase details and never have any problems reactivating and installing.Graham

F1 will try to resolve whatever problems you have, but if you can't supply enough information to ensure that you're really you (for example) there's no way to retrieve the information needed to generate new keys.

Guest fabrytnix

I've sended to F1 the copy of my order and they didn't resolve my problem.I was not able to play LDS767 during the bank serching for more than 1 month and this simply because I've changed my disk, I repeat for you: my disk.That is a typical "valid" justification not convincing at all.

Well Fabrizio, this is certainly not the norm.Without researching it, either someone failed here, the ticket got "lost", or there was a real problem with the data regarding your order.Regardless, most problems are resolved in reasonable time. There is always that rare exception when something goes wrong. I will not say we are above that. It does happen. We only like to think that it happens only rarely.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Guest fabrytnix

Not the norm?Anyway this was my experience.And: my FS9 folder is 86.7 GB; I have many and many paywares, and I've never expirienced something like: "We apoligize, we will find a way to resolve this problem permanently and for all our customers".Only "valid" justifications, used with customers money already cashed in, without rights of rescission.