Sign in to follow this  
Guest fabrytnix

Flight1 & piracy

It's just as simple as this link, https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=lostorder

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest zzmikezz

Steve,Let me clarify something I said in my most recent post above ...I personally would not want a wrapper on my product because, even though Flight1 is an honorable operation and all wrapper issues are solvable one way or another, my preference would be that my customers not have issues in the first place.However, if I did want a wrapper for my product, it would be Flight1, especially because I think I heard that the wrapper you wrote can be rented as part of a full service ecommerce package via another retailer. (Nothing against Flight1, it

Mike,If you view http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=wrapperservice almost everything is entirely self-service, 24-hours a day. Only if you have an inaccessible email address, or do not have access to your original email address, would you maybe need intervention.That said, if you ever need intervention, and can't wait, and re-purchase, we always will refund duplicates. Just submit a customer request ticket.I am not sure I understood the other second point. But the good thing about our wrapper is that it does not require any middle-man. Developers both big and small can use it directly through us. All transactions, no matter where you download it from, if it uses our wrapper, all goes through our system. That means that Flight1 appears on your bill, and everything is servicable via the service link above.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Guest zzmikezz

I think it may have been email address changes both times. At any rate I will remember what you have said for future purchases, which there surely will be, and very soon.I am very pleased with Flight1, and with all the products that I have purchased through Flight1.

Guest bstolle

>This has nothing to do with PiracyWell, that's what Zane wrote:>...understand that as a company of its size Flight1 does get numerous email requests like this from people that don't actually have a recieptThis whole issue lasted more than a week. Uninstalled windows, fsx, reinstalled fs9, fsx etc... Tried to help Flight1 with various mails in troubleshooting what the problem with the wrapper might be.Apparently there IS a problem, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible to buy and run the FSX upgrade in the first place.The only e-mails I got were:1 check the forums2 you must buy the FSX upgrade 3 there's no problem with the wrapper From a customers point of view this looks very much like an accusation of, let's call it 'cheating'.>Also, based on how I personally have tried to do things to smooth out any issues you had in the past....The only single previous 'issue' I had was the access to the Level-D forum which has no much to do with Flight1.But that's exactly the point. Now I had my first 'real' issue with the wrapper system and suddenly no one really tried to solve this problem. >And Jeff does forward difficult tickets if he could not figure something out.It couldn't get much more difficult than this issue I assume.>Yes, I know you are the customer, but still, saying what you did with personal attack overtones was not right.I just re-read my initial post but honestely, I can't see the personal attack. Maybe it's again a 'mothertongue' problem. If it really was, sorry. >...we have zero interest in trying to spend many replies in trying to save 15 dollars.Same here. Unfortunately the wrapper doesn't let me buy it for 15USD! ;)The main problem is that we are talking about a hobby.It's not my intention to waste hours and even days of my leisure time in trying to get a product to work which I bought and due to a problem with the wrapper refuses to work upon reinstallation.Of course I'm trying now to stay with companies where I know, problems like these simply don't exist. E.g. CarenadoMaking software protection too complicated might also be a contributing factor why some people tend to get hold of pirated software. RegardsBernt Capt 767

>>This has nothing to do with Piracy>>Well, that's what Zane wrote:>>...understand that as a company of its size Flight1 does get>numerous email requests like this from people that don't>actually have a reciept>And the issue you are having doesn't, as Steve stated. Your issue as it turns out was a different email address than the company's records indicated and most likely an old one that you no longer used nor could be reached at. The burden in that case does fall on you to prove you are who you say you are... the original purchaser. I was merely asking if you had shown your reciept or just stated that you had one, and yes, there are people that claim to have a reciept and don't in fact actually have one. I do always keep and recommend to others to burn a CD with all your Flight1 keys so that you do have them and aren't relying on the hard drive as your only saved copy. Sorry this happened to you but step into the other guys shoes and try to see the other side to the story.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I have to admit that, I have spent many days 'banging my head' on the wall trying to re-install my many Flight One products that I have bought but, they have always solved it in the end.Jeff and I have crossed swords on this and I suppose it IS because of piracy that we, genuine customers suffer occasionally because of it.I will say though, if you have all the ingredients that are asked for (licence and last four digits etc.) Flight One have really now streamlined and improved their service as previously stated here by their staff, it is probably the best there is, now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest bstolle

>Your issue as it turns out was a different email address than the company's records indicated and most likely an old one that you no longer used nor could be reached at.That's incorrect. All my keys etc... have been reset by Steve long time ago.I requested a new key, a lot of other different ways to solve the problem.... Nothing workedAs I said, dealing with Flight1, not only in case of problems, has always been a pleasure!!!That's why I'm a bit surprised now...RegardsBernt Capt 767

The problem with the lost order is that there was no information that could recover the order (through regular means) because you did not have data that matched anything that could be looked up manually.But I did some advanced tracing, following the original order number and coupon trail, and I came up with the correct "lost" order number. The alternate email address you provided was not correct, but was close.Anyway, again this was not about piracy, but the difficult task of trying to match a lost order to the name of a customer, and the fact that you used totally different information on the new purchase (with nothing close to your original purchases), and it made this task difficult.So we are all at square one now, and Jeff already refunded the second purchase.See the ticket thread for the correct order information.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

>Bernt,>>I guess that as a developer I must ask this: Is it okay if a>protection scheme sometimes does harm a customer? If yes, may>it be one in ten? In a hundred? In a thousand?The answer is none since that would place the vendor in the posistion of stealing from a customer.-------------------------------------------------------------------The real issue has been overlooked by some here so please bear with me for a moment....Flight One ecommerce system is the most user friendly system used in FS Distribution but is only a Retail Ecommerce System which is dependant upon user interaction.It, like all other Retail Ecommerce Systems, requires the USER to INPUT and ARCHIVE his personal information and UPDATE his information in order for the system to work.The weak point in the chain is the USERS failure to ARCHIVE and/or UPDATE his information. That seems to be the case here and the vendor seems to have bent over backwards to accomodate the users failures and is STILL accused of stealing from the customer...With all due respect, I know Steve Halpern and team personally and in over five years of association have NEVER seen one shred of dishonesy with them...In my opinion, the F1 team deserves a public apology along with a note of thanks to the F1 team for their outstanding efforts to accomodate the original poster:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest bstolle

>....I came up with the correct "lost" order number. The alternate email address you provided was not correct, but was close.The problem is that I did NOT purchase the FSX update!As I wrote to Jeff, it might be possible that someone who has his own partition on my PC, bought it. Unfortunately this seems to have happened. I couldn't provide the 'correct' e-mail address as it isn't mine and I don't know it.I don't understand how someone who has never purchased the fs9 version can buy the fsx upgrade?Furthermore I have the impression that the wrapper only checks the hardware.Does this mean, if e.g. two or more people, who each have their own partition on a single PC, only need a single key file, despite having totally different user data?However, thanks for resolving this problem and square one is confirmed, especially concerning customer service ;)RegardsBernt Capt 767

Guest bstolle

>The weak point in the chain is the USERS failure to ARCHIVE and/or UPDATE his information. >That seems to be the case hereThis has not been the case!Especially as a vendor, I would appreciate if don't accuse me as you don't know the facts nor the e-mails Jeff and I exchanged! >In my opinion, the F1 team deserves a public apology See the sentence above. Apparently there IS a problem (or a weakpoint) with the wrapper, check response #26.RegardsBernt Capt 767

Bernt, I'll stand by my statement. I do agree that I am not privy to your email exchanges nor should I be. It does seem, from a casual observers viewpoint, to be "over the top" to title the thread as you have since the error seems to have come from your questions about your own hard drive...No system known to man can work without proper input...you know the old garbage in/garbage out analogy.If a user does not archive or present proper information then the system cannot work without a human tracking down the error and inputting the proper information....A quick read of your response speaks volumes on where the error came from and it doesn't seem to be on the F1 end.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest bstolle

>the system cannot work without a human tracking down the error and inputting the proper information....And exactly THIS is called customer support!If it would work fully automatic under all circumstances, there would be no need for customer support anyway.Looking at your attitude concerning customer support, I'm glad that I never considered eaglesoft addons :)RegardsBernt Capt 767