Sign in to follow this  
Guest w2sjw

Need help with a radio stack

Guest w2sjw

I downloaded some of the panels from over at friendlypanels, and I'm in love with the 'blue' radio stack that they have as one of the options. I'm trying to get this stack to show up instead of the default Bendix radios on my GA aircraft (when you push the icon).I can't get the size or anything else right with these! Can anybody help? I really want to have these as my default radios.Scotthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/54707.jpg

Guest jlwoodward

Scott,I don't know if this is the answer you need, but look in your panel cfg file and you will see a section as shown below. For each gauge line, you will have to substitute the name of your new radio component if you have it. You may have to experement with size and location. Of the last two numbers, the first is the horizontal distance and second is vertical distance from the upper left corner. A third number, not shown, can be added to adjust size. It is trial and error.John Woodward[Window01]BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2size_mm=156,308position=8visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELgauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0, 142gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0, 180gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0, 217gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0, 262

Scott,Give this a try. Back up your panel.cfg file. Replace the entry for the existing radio stack with this one. Note that the Window number (in this case '3' and the ident (RADIO_STACK_PANEL) must match those of the entry you are replacing. Change them as required.E-mail me if you need further assistance.Best regards,Doug Dawson[Window03]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=150,263window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=RADIO_STACK_PANELwindow_size= 0.211, 0.493window_pos= 0.789, 0.000gauge00=FPSTKB!Audio, 0,0,150gauge01=FPSTKB!MR, 0,21,150gauge02=FPSTKB!ADFXNDR, 0,152,150gauge03=FPSTKB!AP, 0,216,150,47