Sign in to follow this  
Guest groundpounder75

Visual C++ Compiling

Guest groundpounder75

While trying to compile a gauge the other day I have an error like the following: "Error spawning cl.exe". Has anyone seen this before? I don't understand why this just started happening. I can't get any gauges to compile. Edit: I am using M$ Visual C++ 6.0.Thanks,

Guest bartels

Haven't seen yet. Is your installation correct? Do you use the IDE directly or the "makefile" method (in general and for IDE compiling get sd2gau15.zip and/or idehowto.zip from flightsim.com)? Maybe the paths to the bins are not set up properly (makefile method)? cl.exe is usually in "C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioVC98Bin".Arne Bartels

Guest groundpounder75

Arne,>Do you use the IDE directly or the "makefile" method (in general >and for IDE compiling get sd2gau15.zip and/or idehowto.zip from >flightsim.com)? I started out using the "makefile" method but then changed over to VC++ after I grew tired of editing it. I used the IDE to compile for about a month with no problems and then all of the sudden I get this error and no more compiled gauges? I do have the sd2gau15.zip and idehowto.zip. I am going to reinstall VC and see if that clears up the problem. Thanks for the help.