Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Nav lLights not showing up

Guest simagic3d

I've placed 7 nav lights in aircraft.cfg using the contactpoint coords for a visual indication of exactly where the CPsare at in relation to the model.Upon loading the scene/flight, they do not show. I logicallythink, "Let's turn the switches for all the lights to On fromthe instrutment panel." Nope... no lights.I checked to see if there was anything unchecked in FS settings.I don't see anything there re. aircraft lights.How do you turn 'em on!!!?(man, don't you love newbies!)

Guest Douglas K

>I've placed 7 nav lights in aircraft.cfg using the contactpoint coords for a visual indication of exactly where the CPsare at in relation to the model.Upon loading the scene/flight, they do not show. I logicallythink, "Let's turn the switches for all the lights to On fromthe instrutment panel." Nope... no lights.I checked to see if there was anything unchecked in FS settings.I don't see anything there re. aircraft lights.How do you turn 'em on!!!?

Guest simagic3d

> Press 'L' on the keyboard, that's the default key assignment> for All Lights On/Off.No workie. :-(> If you still can't see the lights, try moving them up by about> 2 ft, sometimes the contact points are set too low and the> lights are buried.I have three of them WELL above ground on the wing tips and topof the rudder. But for fun, I just moved all the wheel lights4 feet above ground... no lights visible. The model isuntextured if that has anything to do with it. Or is theresome "electrical" param missing in the config? I used a copyof the cessna 172 per below. If it's a sprite thing, then all the smoke, dust, and sparkeffects are showing just fine. Why not the lights?I can load in another plane and it's strobe is flashing away,so it's not a vid card or driver issue.[electrical]; BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage [busTypes: 0=Main,1=Avionics,2=Battery,3=HotBattery,4-7=Gen/Alt(1-4)]flap_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0gear_motor = 0, 5 , 17.0autopilot = 0, 5 , 17.0avionics_bus = 0, 5 , 17.0avionics = 1, 5 , 17.0pitot_heat = 0, 2 , 17.0additional_system = 0, 2 , 17.0marker_beacon = 1, 2 , 17.0gear_warning = 0, 2 , 17.0fuel_pump = 0, 5 , 17.0starter1 = 0, 20, 17.0light_nav = 0, 5 , 17.0light_beacon = 0, 5 , 17.0light_landing = 0, 5 , 17.0light_taxi = 0, 5 , 17.0light_strobe = 0, 5 , 17.0light_panel = 0, 5 , 17.0max_battery_voltage = 12generator_alternator_voltage = 14LIGHTS]//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpitlight.0 = 3, 1.97, 0.00, 4.10, fx_navgre ,light.1 = 3, -1.20, -2.00, 4.10, fx_navgre ,light.2 = 3, -1.20, 2.00, 4.10, fx_navgre , light.3 = 3, 0.00, 14.00, 1.60, fx_navred ,light.4 = 3, 0.00, -14.00, 1.60, fx_navred ,light.5 = 3, 4.18, 0.00, -2.30, fx_navred ,light.6 = 3, -13.12, 0.00, -1.84, fx_navred ,

Start the flight simulator, select Settings, Display, Hardware tab, and check to see what setting you have for Hardware rendered lights. Try moving it to MAX (8) and see if it fixes your problem.W. Sieffert

Guest simagic3d

> ... Settings, Display, Hardware tab... Hardware rendered lights.> Try moving it to MAX (8) and see if it fixes your problem.That was the first thing I looked at. Using a GeForce 3 Ti200with full hardware accel set in display properties. System has1 gig ram with 127 megs set aside for direct 3d textures as well.Like I said, other stock planes show their lights when turned on,just not my own creation using the single engine prop templateair file.

Guest Milton

Only thing I see wrong there is - No left bracket in front of the Lights section name.

Guest simagic3d

>Only thing I see wrong there is - No left bracket in front of>the Lights section name.Well, that would do it I'm sure, but it was just a "bad" highlight/paste. The bracket is and has been there all the time.Still no lights.

Guest simagic3d

Status Update:There Be Nav Lights, Folks!How? What was the problem?Those viewing this thread missed what I missed when Iposted the config file snippet. It was... ...Battery voltage.Huh?Well, ya see, my config has a 12 volt battery and a 24 voltcharging system. The default GA lighting system from thetemplate uses 18 volts or so. That means, there wasn'tenough juice to turn the lights on. Fixed by simply lowering the light voltage requirements to10 volts... Bingo... Nav lights!Hey... I wanted a 12 volt system, so don't give me grief, K? :-)

Guest Douglas K

I wouldn't think of giving you any grief over this one Dean, far from it as I looked at that electrical section last night and never noticed that the minimum voltage was higher than the battery or charging voltage. I had no idea what was wrong and it was right there in plain sight! I'm happy you have it working.