Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Two different "max" values in a gauge

Hi All,I'm working on a Flightdirector for a mechanical ADI. The gauge and the FD bars works very good, however I have a small problem with the "Off" position of the bars. The off position of the bars is given with the "max" value of the code:(A:Autopilot flight director active, bool) if{ (A:Autopilot flight director bank, degrees) (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, degrees) - /-/ } els{ 20 }When the FD is switched off the bar move smoothly to it's off position "20" which is outside the visible Attitude area. I've realized this with an own mask image for the bars and it works very good. Unfortunately the FD bar use this max value of 20 also when the FD is switched on (in a sharp turn of the aircraft for example). Now the needle is outside the visible area which looks not good and is everything else than realistic. Is it possible to give the code a second value for the off position (25 for example) and so to have an area when the FD is on (fully visible) and another area with an additional invisible section when the FD is off? The smooth moving of the needle from or to the off position should be possible as it gives the gauge a realistic look.Hope you could help.Best RegardsMatthias

Guest bartels

The Min max inside the Value expression?(A:Autopilot flight directoractive, bool) if{ (A:Autopilot flight director bank, degrees)(A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, degrees) - /-/ 20 min -20 max } els{ 25 }You might have to play with min<->max or 20<->-20, I think it's right, but I'm not sure.Arne Bartels

Hi Arne,Great! I've checked the code this evening and it works perfect. The - and + positions of the codestring were okay and I did not have to change it.Thank you very much for your help.Best RegardsMatthias