Sign in to follow this  
Guest corallom

Undocked Windows

Guest Kosa

G'day allI'm looking for a way to improve my PICFS9 work around. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=23201&page=I've had to use undocked windows to get the vector gauges to work in FS9. Does anyone know if there is a freeware gauge available that will close undocked windows when you change view, or whether in fact such a gauge is possible.Best RegardsKosaw2b@optusnet.com.au

Guest corallom

Hi Kosa,I saw your pictures in the other post and, once at home, I tried to do the same: I added 2 new windows with only the vector gauges inside and I removed the same gauges from the main panel. Everything works fine but what I couldn't "copy" from you is the removal of the caption bar from the undocked views: PLEASE, HOW DID YOU DO?Now I give you my tip: I found a "work around" to remove undocked windows from otrer views, but this has some limitations; anyway I'll try to explain:1) I own a joystick with hat switch (I think you too)2) In my opinion, the bigger problem in having the undocked panels displayed is when I switch to the lateral views, because they are useful to fly3) I don't think that having the gauges displayed in spot plane view is a big problem, anyway you can close them manually4) I use FSUIPCSo:5) I used the functionality of "Button Assignement" in FSUIPC and I assigned to all the 8 positions of the hat switch the command "Panel Id Close" when the button is pressed, and "Panel Id Open" when the button is released. Then I set the parameter for those commands as "101", that is the same IDENT I used for BOTH the new windows I added to the panel.So, any time I use the hat switch, all the windows whose IDENT is 101 are closed while the button is pressed, and then reopened when the button is released (back to the center).I used "101" because normally this number isn't used by other panels.I hope this could be useful to you. (If you don't want to answer to my question via the forum, please e-mail me).RegardsMario