Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

a special XML gauge

Guest moose_VUSN

my XML is fairly good & i have made a lot of gauges for my Super Hornet panel (www.ai-uk.net/VUSN/NAEC/Manuals/FA-18EF/panel.htm)however i have just come unstuck. i would like to make a gauge thus:when NAV2 IDENT=SAM (VOR identifier with very short range simulating a SAM when you fly close to it) i would like it to switch to case value=1 & switch to a different bitmap (thereby switching on a light in the cockpit).my problem is that i haven't got my head round "strings" & haven't got much to go on...any ideas/solutions please reply or e-mail me at vusnnaec@vusn.orgthanks in advance

Hi,Have you tried something like : ( Not tested )Also make sure punctuation is the same for "Sam"(A:NAV2 IDENT, string) 'Sam' scmp 0 == if{ Yank and Bank !!! } els{ Keep Looking } Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest moose_VUSN

nope that didn't do it...

I figured that... See the little typo ???? | | |(A:NAV2 IDENT, string) 'Sam' scmp 0 == if{ Yankand Bank !!! } els{ Keep Looking } Missing the right pointing carot on the first tag...OOOPS !!!! :-)I just tested the foolowing with good results.(A:NAV1 IDENT, string) 'GRB' scmp 0 == if{ 1 (>G:Var1) } els{ 2 (>G:Var1) } Regards,Roman

Guest moose_VUSN

i didn't notice that either, i will give it a go!

Guest moose_VUSN

this is what i have, doesn't want to work, damn thing.(A:NAV2 IDENT, string) 'SAM' scmp 0 == if{ 1(>G:Var1) } els{ 2 (>G:Var1) }

-Enclosed is a full gauge. Pop it in the Gauges folder of FS?...-The panel.cfg syntax is test!test.-The bmps are the same size of your previous code example.-Send your F-18(e) ? over to KGRB and alternate tuning into 115.50 (GRB-Vor), should work w/ no probs.-If it works at GRB then replace the ID of GRB to SAM, replace the bitmaps of mine with yours, Change NAV1 IDENT to NAV2 IDENT and go searching for SAMs in your neighborhood.-If it still doesn't work, try replacing the scmp ( means "String Compare Punctuation" ) with scmi ( means "String Compare Ignore" )-If it STILL DOESN'T work it's time to check the .BGLA Note or 2 :( O.K. maybe just 1 ) :-lol The ImageSizes="26,27" attribute of seems to be no longer supported in FS9. FS2002 took this attribute and resized accordingly. Haven't seen any case where it worked in FS2204. For backwards compatibility w/ FS02 it still may not be needed as long as the BMPs are the same size specified in the ImageSizes="X,Y" attribute.Hope this works for you.The SAM sites being built out of VORs is brilliant. :-) Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchughttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/57922.zip

Guest moose_VUSN

guess what, still doesn't work. i am using FS2002 still (perhaps the problem?) but i have looked at the SDK & it should still be "NAVx IDENT" etc. doesn't even work at GRB.

Moose, Yep, your right for 02 it seems to ignore the string function SCMP or SCMI. There may be other ways though.such as (A:NAV2 ACTIVE FREQUENCY, ) (A:NAV2 CODES, ) (A:NAV2 HAS NAV, ) (A:NAV2 SIGNAL, ) & & & if{ Missle } els { safe } Just dreamed up other ideas too to make this work for multiple threats ( freqs ) automatically ( threat recvr ON/OFF ) and still be able to use NAV2 for nav if threat RCVR OFF . FS02 & 04 If you'd like send me the .bgl and I could toy with it for a while.It can be done. :-) Regards,Romanspokes2112@new.rr.comGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug