Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Gladden

Cessna P337 Skymaster....

A long while back I recall seeing screenshots of a P337 Skymaster in the screenshots forum that never saw the light of day as an MSFS aircraft. I believe it was done in FSDS...I am willing to help complete the project and/or convert it to FSDS 2. I've helped Chuck Dome with one of his projects (his Malibu Mirage), and will soon release an update to Byron Warwick's Jabiru....I don't know whether the author of that great looking P337 lurks here, but if so and you're interested in my help, please send me a private message...Regards,John

Guest joe308

There is a "almost complete" 337 FSDS model file at Flightsim.com. The file is ces337.zip. The author is Steve Felso. Take a look....it may be the one ur looking for.JoeT

Guest Milton

John,I believe the model to which you refer was a collaboration between Mikko and Brian Gladden.

Thanks to both of you. I believe it was Bryan's/Mikko's that I saw, as it was textured. However I did not know about Steve's project, and I've downloaded it and am taking a look. It looks promising, although there's tons of work to be done on it. Perfect for practicing, and Steve did a decent job getting the major parts done...-John

Posted some more shots over the weekend... This is a great "learning" project for me, as I've never tried keyframe animation with FSDS 2 before. This project seemed a great place to learn, given the interesting way the gear retracts on the Skymaster... I'm proud to say I have the animation nearly perfect now, although it took a couple of hours of trial and error to learn what to do, as well as how to "mirror" it with both of the mains. I've compared what I've done to the Dreamfleet Cardinal RG and to the default 182RG, and my animation is very close...Here's a link to my latest shots...:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...topic_id=112731

John,The Skymaster looks great. I actualy was talking to Mikko about some of the older Fs 2000 projects that he did and the skymaster we both worked on. hopefully later this year (spring?) when we both get cought up on some other commitments I will be making FS 2004 mods to a bunch of Mikko's older designs since he is using GMax exculsivly now. Included in that (hopfully)will be the T337 and P337/Super Skyrocket. But in the meantime keep going with yours I'll sure fly it, and if you need any help drop me a line.Brian