Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

Landing light in gmax help needed.

Guest voscon

Hi,Can anyone put me on the right path of how to get a landing light working in a gmax designed plane?All other lights are working ok, strobe, beacon etc.I have put a spotlight in the gmax model, but it does not show up with the Shift + L keys. (other, generic, planes do.)I've put the 'light_landing = 0, 5 , 17.0' in the aircraft.cfg [lights] and the [electrical] seems ok for all other lights. I've even put a bat/alt switch in the panel, which works for other lights, but to no avail.I think I'm missing something that's specific for the landing lights.Any pointers very welcome.voscon.P.S:Is there something one can do in FS9 that works like the World/Scenery Library in FS 2002 to prevent re-starting the whole program all the time?Thanks.

Guest odog

make a basic triangle where your landing lights go,convert to poly, and link it to the wing. adjust the Z (blue) axis of the triangle to follow your light beam path.make a new texture called LIGHT_LAND and adjust color and apply to triangle.that's it.common mistakes when doing this are misdirected pivot axis (light pointing up)too dark LIGHT_LAND colorset visibility in FS to 1 mile when testing landing lights.some days i restart my sim 50 times! lol so far i havent found a better way. Just make your default flight, you test flight.joe

Guest voscon

Thank you very much Joe, will try it 2night. (8 am 23 Jan. atm :))Will let you know.voscon

Guest voscon

Dear Joe,I hope I did something wrong, because the result I got is far from satisfactory. (gmax landing light)It flies with the plane at al times, even casting a shadow and does not react to Alt + L.Naming it with light_landing_lm did not change anythingAttached a part-screenshot (above water)If you can supply further help it will be greatly appreciated.Cheers,voscon.Anyone else any advice?You wrote:make a basic triangle where your landing lights go,convert to poly, and link it to the wing. adjust the Z (blue) axis of the triangle to follow your light beam path.make a new texture called LIGHT_LAND and adjust color and apply to triangle.that's it.common mistakes when doing this are misdirected pivot axis (light pointing up)too dark LIGHT_LAND colorset visibility in FS to 1 mile when testing landing lights.some days i restart my sim 50 times! lol so far i havent found a better way. Just make your default flight, you test flight.joehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/59335.jpg

Guest Firestriker

Landing and taxi lights require 2 objects. A control object and a source object. With your current landing light object (light_land_01) selected, clone it naming it light_land_01_01 and link it making it a child object of the original.Lou

Guest odog

Lou is exactly right, i forgot the 2nd triangle. thanks lou.when you go from memory, you need to consider the source (and the time of day). :-lolyou should be straight now.joe