Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

"Callback"

Guest zzmikezz

If nobody else wants to chat with you, I will. Forty years ago I had 110 real world hours. A modest number, but enough to make me realize that pilots are a breed of people different from most.You wondered what the motorists were thinking. I have a similar issue. When a jet transport is climbing westbound out of DIA, I wonder what the crew is thinking, and I watch the aircraft till it is out of sight. I can't NOT watch it, and the miracle of flight is always fresh and fascinating, even though I understand aerodynamics and physics and chemistry.Does the captain ever look down and to his left and see the tennis court and swimming pool of our condo development? Does the first officer ever look to his right and see Mount Evans, crowned in snow even in June?That's what FS means to me. I can BE the crew, and then I don't have to wonder.

Guest bstolle

>When a jet transport is climbing westbound out of DIA, I wonder what the crew is thinking, and I watch the aircraft till it is out of sight. >I can't NOT watch it, and the miracle of flight is always fresh and fascinating, even though I understand aerodynamics and physics and chemistry.Same here after +12000hrs.E.g. one of the nicest departures we fly is out of IAD.Most of the time you fly slightly to the right of JFK and you see Manhattan and even Times square very clearly. It's just after sunset and everytime that happens the copilot jumps out of his seat and looks at this beautiful sight.BTW, the night scenery is 1000% better than in any flightsim (That's why I never fly during nighttime in the sim)During daytime it's different and sometimes I look down and think; Wow, the scenery looks more realistic in FSX than IRL.Flying over Iran IRL during sunset can be a terrific sight as well etc...It's not the first time that I'm thinking about simply making a few shots with my camera during each flight and posting them.So everyone interested get's an idea about how an 'average' month 'looks' from my point of view. Is this a good idea?RegardsBernt Capt 767

Guest j-mo

>It's not the first time that I'm thinking about simply making>a few shots with my camera during each flight and posting>them.>So everyone interested get's an idea about how an 'average'>month 'looks' from my point of view. >Is this a good idea?>>Regards>>Bernt >>Capt 767I bet there would be a LOT of interest in this!

Since I am taking lessons again after a year's hiatus, I wanted to point out a very useful url. It's been posted here before, and I feel it's helpful to those who not only fly, but just love "flight"http://asrs.arc.nasa.gov/publications/callback.htmlOn a personal note I flew for an hour today. Choppy air cut our flight time short, but while the flight lasted I was practicing "S" turns over Arizona's US 60. I always laugh to myself when I think of the drivers below, wondering what the heck the pilot above is doing. Today we had winds close to 15kts, so the conditions were ideal for ground reference practice.Regards,John

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

DittoPost Them Pics Capt 767

Guest Staggerwing

But in the Real Aviation photo forum :-)

Good info! Yes please pot some photos!:-)

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest bstolle

Ok, posted some 'test' photos at the screenshot forum, (real aviation images)RegardsBernt Capt 767

Guest Fortress

>Wow, the scenery looks more realistic in FSX than IRL.How can the scenery look more realistic than in real life? Surely 'real life' is as real as it gets? Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/temp/avsim.gifConcorde Training Captainwww.bavirtual.co.uk

Guest bstolle

>How can the scenery look more realistic than in real life?Sometimes e.g. when flying over big fields they are suddenly cut off in a totally straight line which looks like a missing scenery tile.Or there are basic soft rolling identical hills in uniform green color. Looks like the mesh is set to 0% and the uniform color simply doesn't look 'right'.I'll try to capture some of these shots. However, FSX is REALLY good.Can't wait for orbx FTX!!!RegardsBernt Capt 767

I'll look at them. I guess they would go into the real pictures forum.JimCYWG