Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Peter Sidoli

Guest Peter Sidoli

I cannot normally take pics in corporate trips as it doesnt look good so it depends on who the pasengers are.The Seneca was no problem.There was no problem in an empty ferry flight :-)Peter

Back in the first days of the "Aeropostale" they quickly noticed that rain was eating the wooden propeller to nothing. So sand at the speed of an intake fan...I miss your cloud pics!Got fed up with GA sims, that don't meet my expectations any longer and, waiting for creativity and elegance to reappear, I play with Lomac. Which is lots of fun (so far.)

Guest Peter Sidoli

Have not posted in the forums for some time or been involved with FSX. I had many friends here and would like to know how many are still involved. Are they all well? Is Tom still as busy as ever in the forums.As for my own situation I am living in London. Last year I was flying extensively as Captain on a number of Citations for various companies.I am also involved in aviation consultancy and all that entails which overall has kept me so busy with the real thing that I have not had a chance to fire up my beloved flight sim.Has FSX lived up to expectations and would any of you look back to FS9?Maybe i should reload FSX? But what are the must haves for the basic FSX both in the programme and the most real addons?Anyway just a short post to tell anyone that I have not died yet :-) That is anyone who can still remember me.I had a fabulous ferry flight in a clapped out old citation with loads of problems back in october.It was an indian citation which I picked up in New Delhi.I had to fly it low which meant short range and loads of stops.I flew New Delhi to Karachi at night through incredible monsoon storms where the clouds had so many flashes they stayed iluminated like light bulbs.Then to Bahrain through Iran with a special clearance. Because of headwinds I never reached Bahrain and had to divert to Dubai an amazing airport.I had to get a special clearance to land for fuel mid Saudi Arabia and landed in a sandstorm which cannot have done the engines much good.On approach in 44 degrees temperatures to the airfield which was 2500 feet ASL the vis was given as 2000 metres in dust with winds gusting to 35 kts. As I landed the palm trees bent over double and in seconds the vis dropped to 200 metres in a sandstorm.It was frightening watching the sand plume through the engines but nothing I could do about it.After that on to Alexandria in Egypt where you had to pay everyone to get anything done.Again massive headwinds meant a drop into Crete and then onto Malta, Marseille and the Uk.Maybe I will post some pictures?Keep the sunny side up and take care all of you because there are some great people in these forums.Above all with the sim keep it real because when I retire I want to relive some of my trips in MSFS and it has to be how I saw it.Peter Sidoli

Guest Peter Sidoli

One of my India shots of me and a controller in Saudi Arabia as a taster. I will post others in the screenshot forum when I get a chance to size themPeter

Guest Peter Sidoli

sorry about this but if I add a pic I seem to get logged out with no ability to edit the previous message. I log in ok but add the pic and it asks for my username and password ?

Ummmm Pete, I don't see the picture. Is it just me or...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest Peter Sidoli

No Chris I am having a problem posting the pic. If I post a text I just log in and post.Although I am logged in if I attach a picture the site throws me back to the login screen. Have contacted the moderators. Maybe it my picture it doesnt like :-)Peter

No worries mate, looking forward to it.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Hello Pete,You might want to check your security & cookie settings. I had a somewhat similar problem. I could type out a response to a thread, but would also get the login box everytime I hit the post message button.L.Adamson

Guest Peter Sidoli

Larry thanks It was a cookie setting problem / I have placed this one pic of me here for the benefit of the thread. I hope Avsim are ok with that if not Just delete ME :-) The other India Trip shots will go in the Screenshot forum (promise)Peterhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/184783.jpg

Guest Peter Sidoli

To the forum ModeratorsI am quite happy to have my thread which was a quick hello to my friends at Avsim after a Year out of the Loop to the Hanger forum.My apolgies if it was out of place and for the pic.best wishesPeter

Peter,Moving it was an after thought on my part. It was more appropriate here than in the FSX forum in retrospect. As for your future pic's, we have a real aviation photos area as a sub forum to the main screen shots forum, and I would ask that you put them there, and link to them in this forum if you want.Welcome back BTW! It is great to see you active again! I am still looking forward to us connecting in London in one of my trips this year.

Great to see you back again Peter! Your pictures were part of the inspiration that got me flying again.Regards,John

Guest Peter Sidoli

TomWill look forward to seeing you now I am living here in London. I know a good few places to take you out too so do tell me when you are next over?Apologies for the posting mistakes. I have been out of the loop here for sometimebest wishesPeter

Guest Peter Sidoli

JohnI hope you dont blame me for the state of your bank balance now :-}Peter