Sign in to follow this  
CryREED

XML gauge effect?

Im trying to made a custom xml gauge file to operate my wing somke effect. I have used this:

<Gauge Name="DC9Wing"> <Element>	<Select>	  <Value> 	  (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 121 <	  (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 138 <		&&	  if{ 1 (<K:SMOKE_ON) } 		  els{ (<K:SMOKE_OFF) }	  </Value>	</Select>  </Element></Gauge>

But it seems not to work, I want the smoke active about 121kt and stop shows at about 138kt. It this right?/burner

Couple of things:-There was no Version=" " in the gauge header.. Required-you had < for the lower limit of 121 - No big one here, in FS04 assigning a value to a K: variable requires on to use a "Parameter" value in a A: type variable to monitor it. Since the K: Var is doing the work ON/OFF there is no need for a number to preceed it. ( Waiting for SDK for full info on this )(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 121 > (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 138 < && if{ (Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest bartels

Maybe this way? (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 121 > (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 138 < && if{ 0 (>K:SMOKE_ON) } els{ 0 (>K:SMOKE_OFF) } (have a closer look at the < and >'s)Arne Bartels

Hi,Can you show again a copy of the gauge and panel.cfg?In the mean time you can try to forget about the gauge and place the element in a working xml-gauge:.........(A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 121 > (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 138 < && if{ (>K:SMOKE_ON) } els{ (>K:SMOKE_OFF) } ..........Hope it helpsJan"Procul Negotiis"

There are still some small problems with the code--- Use > and < for > < and use && for && otherwise will have complaints about white spaces. The second should be it complains on that one too.Tested with IE6Regards,RomanGREEN BAY PACKERS][/i :-ukliam :-beerchug

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi,Besides the panel.cfg try this (You can forget the gauge!):Put this element somewhere in an xml gauge and listen what happens when temperature drops below 0 degrees C(A:TOTAL AIR TEMPERATURE, celsius) 0 < if{ 33554432 (>K:ADF2_COMPLETE_SET) } els{ 0 }Just a working example from my panel.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest InBetween

Burner,Try this one: Toggles the smokesystem on/off according to airspeed. (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 121 > (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED,knots) 138 < && if{ (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) ! if{ (>K:SMOKE_ON) } } els{ (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) if{ (>K:SMOKE_OFF) } } The gauge goes in its own folder, within the FS9gauges folder...It should not affect the operation of "exit" doors.Got this idea from Rob Barendregt..JR

Looks nice, have you test it?I made a quick test in my FS (fs9) and the DC9 aircraft and its not work. Can I have do something else wrong here?/burner

Guest InBetween

Burner,How darest thou doubt my gauge, Earthling? :)Yes, it is tested in Bill Lyon's Waco, between 81 and 98 kts,with a known smoke effect file....The XML gauge is in its own folder named "WACO_FX" inside the FS9gauges folder.The panel.cfg callout is in one of the Vcockpit sections:[VCockpit04]size_mm=256,256pixel_size=256,256stexture=$VC4background_color=0,0,0visible=0gauge00=HGHB_PC9_VSI, 0,128, 128, 128 gauge01=Cessna!Fuel_Selector,128, 128, 128, 128/-----------------------------------------------gauge05=WACO_FX!Airspeed_SMOKE, 0,0,0,0Hope this helps!JR

Guest Peyroteo

>Ok, I must try again, must have do something...>>/burnerHi,Verify if you have in the aircraft.cfg something like this:[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.0=0.00, -0.70, 1.40, fx_smoke_wPeyroteo

Guest Peyroteo

See also the record 344 in the airfile.Regards,Peyroteo