Sign in to follow this  
Guest C17Chief

C-130 AI pilot is nuts!!!

Guest C17Chief

Hi, I figgured I'd try to ask here... I have this C-130 that I am using for AI, and he doesnt fly right, at first I thought he might be drunk, but he always does this. He oscillates really bad while on final approach, into a 500ft stall that he is sometimes lucky enough to land on his tail. He then procedes to taxi around on his empennage all the way to parking. Here is a screenshot of him trying to taxi (and #### off his crew chiefs btw). Any Ideas on how to get a better pilot in that beast?http://home.comcast.net/~svtcobra281/ummm.jpg

Guest Firestriker

Looks like the CofG is way off. Where did you get this aircraft?Lou

Guest dasher 7

First, you might wanna change the .air file. Many aircraft function badly as AI craft because of a tweaked airfile. I

Guest C17Chief

Ok, I replaced the .air file with the kingair. I thought that was the ticket, well it was I guess for the oscillating flight, I followed him all the way down to the ground, then peeled off and landed. By the time I taxied off the active and looked for him, he was off pulling his wheelie down the taxiway again! I guess I'll need to do it again to see where he actually decides to go into the wheelie to find out whats going on.

Guest KC10BoomOperator

Just off hand, where did you get the scenery?

Guest KC10BoomOperator

Does McChord have C141s still? Are they active? I was under the impression that the last active c141s were here at McGuire. I get to refuel my first one on tuesday.

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

Very cool scenery you got goin there! I especially like that hangar with the tail sticking out of it...

Guest C17Chief

Nope.. 141s are all gone from here, though we do get them in as transient aircraft from time to time, along with the C-5s, KC-135s, and C-130s.. thats why those planes are parked there.. once we get the gmax C-17 this place will really come alive :)