Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Looking for low polygone Dash7

Guest PeBo75

Hi there!For an AI-Traffic idea i'm looking for a freeware Dash7 which is saving framerates.She doesn't need to compete with this beauty made by Milton Shupe which i really love to fly with. But it should be able to be regognised as a Dash7.Any hints would be really appreciated.Thanks & best regardsPeter

Guest Milton

I have a "lower poly" version that you are welcome to have. I optimized the original Dash 7 down to about 10K polys (was 60K I think).I know this is well above the AI standard but it does have 4 engines.All the animations work; all existing textures and repaints will work.If you or anyone else would like to further modify it, I will send you the gmax source to modify as you wish.Milton Shupe

Guest PeBo75

Hi Milton!This is very nice to read. I'v sent you an email for further details about what i'd like to do with that beauty!Thank you for the good work on the Dash!Kindly regardsPeter

Guest Milton

There will be 3 other releases before that one. :-) Fortunately, two of the three are all in their homestretches, the third a variation of the first. If I had to guess, I would say in the Spring, late.First up: http://www.flightsimonline.com/ac500/Second: http://www.flightsimonline.com/howard500/Third: is planned to be a cargo, workhorse version of the first, ... with a few special things thrown in. :-)Regarding the low-poly Dash 7, it really needs some LOD work. That would help a lot. If you are interested in doing this, I'll happily send you the AI gmax source.Milton

Guest Milton

HalfDan,I have sent the source off to Peter who has someone that may do the job. Hopefully, a lower poly Dash 7 is in the future for AI enthusiasts. :-)