Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustLanded

First attempt at flight dynamics

Guest JustLanded

I had just started tweeking the C-182 to turn it into a Skylane Turbo when I bought FS9. I was getting the expected cruise speed of 158 knots at 12,500 feet in FS2K2, but I am only getting the typical performance of the C-182 (about 124 knots - at an appropriate altitude) in FS9. I have read that some things like the twist and angle of incidence of the wing need to be change for FS9 (not that I have any idea of what to modify them too), but are there other factors (drag, thrust, propeller) which would cause these symptoms? I also noticed in both sims, that the elevator trim settings are dramatically different for my turbo aircraft than the C-182. What caused this? Where do you guys find all the information about the aircraft that is needed in the flight dynamics configuration? I certainly didn't find things like wing angles, chord length or many of the other details on the Cessna web site.GW

Guest JustLanded

Thanks for your responce Ian. I'll check these places out. Any suggestions from anyone on how to tweek the air file to regain the kind of performance I was getting in FS2K2?GW

Hi.I see that you are still looking for more details / cook book information. The reason these guys don

Guest JustLanded

TV,Thanks for this great reply. I am interested in looking at your aircraft. Go ahead and e-mail it to me, but wait a day or so. I just sent an e-mail Ken Salter to have him verify my e-mail address. I think for starters on my model I'll toss out my current plane and restart with the default C-182 in FS9 as you suggested. Thanks again. I had searched the file library and no one else is has a Turbo Skylane available. It would be a nice addition to the simulated Cessna lineup. There is also a real Turbo Skywagon which would be nice to create as well.GW

Guest JustLanded

Dan,This site looks like it may have some info I need. But it also caused me to remember that I have a patient who works for the FAA office in Philadelphia. He does a lot of work on their web site. I wonder if he can direct me to some links with the kind of info I need.Thanks,GW

Hi.You need to send me your Email address, use the AVSIM private feature. I cannot send you an attachment using the AVSIM private message. TV

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Hey, I'd very like a turbo C182 myself :) The 182 is by far my favourite aircraft in FS9. What are "normal" changes to a turboed panel and instrument readouts? Maybe you should consider uploading the airfile when done?

Guest JustLanded

I'm still in the early stages of the information research. But if I get something worthwhile I will up load it. Then maybe those good at panel design can go from there. For testing I was just going to substitute some other single engine turbo panel if I can find one.GW