Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Automatic Control of Afterburners in FS9

Guest Trevor de S

Hi,Can anyone suggest why this code does not work: (A:general eng1 throttle lever position,part) 0.805 > (A:Turb eng1 N1,percent) 89 > && if{ (A:Turb Eng1 Afterburner,bool) ! if{ 1 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1) } } els{ (A:Turb Eng1 Afterburner,bool) if{ 1 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1) } } Afterburners are enabled in the aircraft.cfg. 1 (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1)in another gauge on the same panel toggles A/B1 fine but no way does the automatic code either turn the A/B on or off.Trevor.

Guest Trevor de S

You have missed the point of this question.I am trying to control the Afterburners in an F-15 Eagle, not trying to control a sound file.FYI I have my own sound control files for XML in FS9 using either ADF or Prop variables.Trevor.

Guest bartels

I haven't checked, but one possible point: there is often not a direct response between K: toggle-event and the associated A: variable. It might be necessary to wait a short period before firing the K: event again, but again it might also be something else, I haven't checked.Arne Bartels

Hi Trevor,I tried this, which is your code except the "1" for the toggle event (not needed). (A:general eng1 throttle lever position,part) 0.805 > (A:Turb eng1 N1,percent) 89 > & if{ (A:Turb Eng1 Afterburner,bool) ! if{ (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1) } } els{ (A:Turb Eng1 Afterburner,bool) if{ (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1) } } Works fine ...So it must be something else..Are you sure you made the 2D cockpit visible at least once (if you added the gauge to a [Window**] section ?Rob

Hi,Tried it and it works ok.Only in my case i hear only an endless amounts of "Clicks" because i still use the afterburner1 event for a "click" sound using late B. Morad's xml-sound gauge.I enabled afterburner in aircraft.cfg and airfile, but no effect on the 767-300.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Trevor de S

Hi Guys,Thanks for your efforts. I have discovered the source of my problems.The code I posted was part of one section from an omnibus XML gauge which I use to perform initialisations and various calculations which are used in more than one gauge and which presents no visible image on the aircraft panel. (It has a 10x10 pixel transparent image just to make it easy to position using Panel Studio or similar)I have known for some time that there is a limit to how much code can be put in one section and have all the calculations and decisions perform properly, but I can now report that in gauges with a number of different elements it appears that (>K:XXXXXXXXXXX) commands within the code do not (always) perform. The moment I did as you guys had done and created a dedicated gauge for A/B control everthing worked a treat, even when I added the second half of the code to control No 2 engine afterburner.Trevor

Hi Trevor,""I have known for some time that there is a limit to how muchcode can be put in one section""Yes, I have also stumbled on that problem once.But are you saying that also the number of ... sections is limited ??Rob

Guest Trevor de S

Rob"are you saying that also the number of ... sections is limited ??"No, but it appears that if you embed something of the form(>K:TOGGLE_SOME_CONTROL)in the .... code of 3rd or 4th ... section of an omnibus gauge the event is not triggered!!!This is the only way to explain the problem I encountered with my original Afterburner control logic.Trevor.