Sign in to follow this  
elche

Flying me CRAZY!!!!

Hi, I'm checking a model that i'm making using 3DS Max in FS9. First time i tried it, it seemed to work fine, everything looked to be in place, until i decided to do a few take-offs and landings.On my second approach i switched to Tower view to see how the model was looking, when the model wasn't looking at all!!! it had vanished!! i switched to spot view and could only see the lights of the Baron ( I'm using the Barons default air file and config file). Panning around, the model began poping up then hiding again :-hmmm At first i thought i had left some object hidden and had forgotten to delete it before compiling the model, but that was not the case.I noticed that the model would at times blink on and off almost at the same time as the light, so i removed them from the cfg file, but still no luck!! Appart from the things i tried above, i've also changed to the latest MakeMDL, I've tried creating another object (a cube) and flying it around using the same air and cfg files which worked perfectly.Is this a problem with using 3DS Max instead of GMAX ?? Has this happened to anyone else ?? and is there a solution ??If you're reading this bit I'm extreamely greateful for you putting up with my babbling on about my problems and trying to help :-hah Thanx :-hah :-beerchug

Guest Milton

The areas I have seen this were corrected once I applied mapping and textures to the aircraft. Hopefully this will resolve your issue. :-)

Thanks for your help Milton. Adding a few basic textures to test it out did the trick. Only if i had know this earlier :-bang Why are the simple things sometimes so difficult ?!?!Cheers :-beerchug