Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

xml cdi and gsi needle movement

Hi,Is there a way to code in xml the cdi- and gsi needle movements so, that they move gradually to a "start" position, when the signal becomes to weak to receive.Up until now it is on or off suddenly.I tried all kinds of delays etc.In some panels you can see the needles move slowly, switching off the avionics.Any idea?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest bartels

Instruments with slowly moving needles use the in the tag. There are also "PixelsPerSecond" and "ValuePerSecond" available. Do these do work with ? I don't know but worth a try.Something like:... Arne Bartels

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Jan,As Arne has already written it is possible with the Delay PixelsPerSecond method. Here's the code of my HSI which works fine:(A:HSI CDI needle valid, bool) (L:MAC enabled, bool) (L:AvonicsA Mode,bool) && && if{ (A:HSI CDI needle, number) } els{ 0 }(A:NAV1 OBS,radians) (A:Plane heading degrees gyro,radians) -The same method could be used for the GSI needle.Best RegardsMatthias

Arne and Matthias,Thanks very much!Now i am enjoying myself just looking at that magic movement of the needles, when they become alive.That PixelsPerSecond did the trick; never seen that code before.Jan"Procul Negotiis"