Sign in to follow this  
Guest EH185

HELP IN DESIGNING A KR87 TSO GAUGE IN XML

Guest EH185

Hello,I would need a big help in order to represent the following things (I know to program basic instruments but this one is too much complex for me ! : :-newbie )-A button and the display to switch beetween Elapsed time and flight time.(By default, both adf frequency and standby adf frequency would be displayed so I would need that pressing FLT/ET button would make disappear standby adf frequency.Pressing on ADF button would make re-appear stand-by frequency).-A button to reset elapsed time.Thks a lot if somebody can help me .This is the last instrument I needed to complete my panel.BRGDSDaniel

Guest Karl R Pettersen

I've attached a pretty old version of my own KR87, but I believe it works ok. My current version (slightly more bugfixed, added sound effects etc) is on another machine not connected to internet nor connected to this one, sorry about that :) I'm not sure if this one requires other code in another gauge, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to initiate the standby frequency somewhere (or get 0). The runtime on top can be recoded into system logics switches, recommended to gain a little performance boost; heavy click code is always better than small runtime code.Adjust for your own graphics (not included). Tuning is done on the knobs instead of display, to match my other radios where behaviour changes based on mode of operation (direct tuning on KX165 if radial display etc). You might have to change this if you prefer display tuning.My version has the following system:* All buttons "work" (see below), and all modes are annunciated.* Hopefully systems logics and display resets are handled correctly. No tuning if power or avionics off etc.* It doesn't have fractional display, but .5 kHz is available with the BFO switch. Just to have it do something.* ADF toggles ADF and ANTenna mode. Antenna mode can be used to drive the needle for testing while identing is possible, ADF is normal use. Not excatly by the book, but best application I could come up with.* Swap will swap frequency, and end timer mode if displayed. I think standby mode is required to get the tuning knobs to work, not sure.* FLT/ET toggles between flight timer and elapsed timer. Flight timer starts imediately after powerup, and can only be reset. As per the book it can be connected to the gear strut (by detecting wheel speed in FS), but I've removed that from this version.* Reset will reset the timers, ET has hold and reset, and start.* Dimming is controlled by Arne Bartels excellent sunangle code. You should find it by a search here. It's awesome :) Just change the variables to suit the gauge.Any "ADF Timer + 25?" are used for delayed automatic identing in another gauge, you should probably get rid of this.As usual, timer programming using builtin time variables suffers from heavy bugs if time is shifted back and forth while flying. Since I normally don't do this, it is not a problem for me, but maybe you should consider adjusting for timeshifts if detected (it's possible, I just never bothered). Maybe you don't use this gaugecode directly, but I think some of the code might be valuable. Have fun. If the gauge bugs a lot, don't credit me :D :DPanel looks great btw.

Guest EH185

Really, but really I thank you a million.This forum is really a great value for an idiot like me.I wish I were better at maths at school.I'll credit you for good work and will state that bugs are from me.Promised.Daniel