Sign in to follow this  
Guest tralluccio

can I add a DH display ?

Guest tralluccio

I heveryoneI'm not a panel designer, I write to ask if there is a way I can add a small Decision Height display to my fs2002 panels. I'm currently using a 737 panel downloaded from avsim and I would like to add something that displays the currently set decision height. I tried to use the fs aircraft editor but it can't open that panel. Is there a software that allow to do this without having to learn the panel designing art?thanks

Hi. The "panel.cfg" file is a text file that you can open / modify with "notepad" and or "wordpad". Save your original first.TV>I tried to use the fs aircraft editor but it can't open that panel.

Guest tralluccio

avcom.with your help now I have a panel suited to my needs, thanks again! Now I need a gauge that displays the currently set decision heigh, I couldn't find it on other panels. Is there a freeware panel where I can find a gauge that displays the currently set dh? or may be I can try to create my own gauges? I know c++ programming but I really don't know where to start from. Can you give me some links where to start for learning how to create a gauge? regards

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Exclusively using xml myself, I say go with xml. No compiling, on the fly see the changes, "pretty" easy when you understand the basics, and the most significant thing not mentioned yet: Everyone who can uncab the file can change it to meet their own requirements. Changing readouts from farenheit to celsius is a nogo in C gauges, in xml it's simply about changing one unit. The end user will have so much control. The obvious, and I guess only, drawback is that of efficiency as mentioned above.I'd just like to stress that you don't even have to cab the gauges for distribution. I started out with notepad and Photoshop, but I think The Gimp (free) could be used as well. Now I've moved up to UltraEdit, which shows tags in color, has bracketmatching, and column edit. Programming errors has just led to less than five crashes since FS9 was installed, FS2002 was slightly more "nervous" :)The needed things: FS2002 SDK, Arnes list of variables for FS2002, and a search here will give you a list of variables for FS9 (extracted from the dll's). Don't have it available, sorry.

Guest tralluccio

thank you everyone!I've just done some search and downloaded an xml editor and msfs sdk for gauges and panels. I'll soon try to modify an existing xml file to start learning. I couldn't find anything about "arnes list of varibles". Is it the same list that I found in the fsuipc sdk? if not please post a link. thanks againregards