Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

CFS2 propellers in FS9

I notice that CFS aircraft imported into FS9 have a very 'hard' propeller disc. Is there any way to replace the propeller with that from a native FS9 aircraft?George

Whats' probably happening is that the prop texture for CFS2 aircraft is located in the main texture folder and not in the aircraft folder. so what you may be getting is an untextured prop disc, try to import the prop BMP (US or japanese) from CFS to the aircraft texture folder and see if that helps.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation[link:www.cgrmthelos.com]Cougar Mountain Helicopters

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks Michael,No, the prop texture is in the aircraft texture folder. I think I might try editing the texture to reduce the contrast.George

Sorry George, guess I didn't read your post right and assumed it was CFS2, my bad. All the defaults in CFS2 that I have checked have the prop texture in the main texture folder. I don't have CFS1, so I wasn't aware. I know CFS2 used different file formats and the alphas were grainy, so that might be an issue with CFS1 as well. hope you get it worked out. Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation[link:www.cgrmthelos.com]Cougar Mountain Helicopters

Best, Michael

KDFW