Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alexander_EFG

What eats frames more

Guest jetBlue_83

I was just daydreaming an I thought to ask everyones opinion on something. What, in your respective opinios, is more of a framerate eater when viewing aircraft in spot view: Detailed (many maaanny polys) visual models, or high quality textures (BMP's as opposed to other compressed formats) Thanks for any responses!:)

Guest flightmike1

I reckon textures but I'm no expert. 32-bits certainly give a bit of a hit compared to 16-bits etc.

Apply different textures on one and the same model - the difference in fps wont't be too big.But if you change models from hi to low polys v.v. you will recognize huge differences in fps. So it is definitely the amount of polygons which has the most influnce on fps when looking on a certain plane in spot view.Wolfgang

Guest Alexander_EFG

Depends, it's usually a combination both that make the FPS drop big time. Though my experience is that e.g. a mediumsized (poly wise) model with large textures (high res, 32 bit) will drop more FPS than the same model with small textures (low res, 16 bit)Cheers,