Sign in to follow this  
protzler

Another letter to add to the alphabet soup!

Friday I finally got my CFII!Wasn't that bad of an add on since I already have my CFI. There really isn't much to do in the oral besides the basics of instruments and the common errors of first time instrument students. The flight was just as easy as well because the majority of my free time flying is done IFR.Then today I got to talk to an airline that I thought I would never be able to fly for. We'll see how that goes in the next few months!

Good job Chris! Great to hear the news.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Congratulations Chris!Plus now you've reset the expiration date of your CFI certificate... a most excellent bonus! :-DThe Best!Rob O.

Yeah reseting the time will be nice! I'll just have to remember to change the expiration date on all my students log books when I sign them!

Guest CRJ700FO

>Then today I got to talk to an airline that I thought I would>never be able to fly for. We'll see how that goes in the next>few months!Which airline?

It's part of the group that looks like it has Barbara Bush on the tail.

Guest CRJ700FO

I am assuming Horizon then......good luck. I've heard the Dash 8 is fun to fly.

Haven't applied just yet. I am still building up the hours. Right now my times are 500/0 and I hope to be at around 1000 by the end of July. Then I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Guest CRJ700FO

>Haven't applied just yet. I am still building up the hours.>Right now my times are 500/0 and I hope to be at around 1000>by the end of July. Then I'll throw my hat into the ring.Don't be in a hurry would be my advice, especially if you're young. CFI for awhile (I know it gets boring, but it teaches you so much) and then perhaps fly some checks, where you REALLY learn to fly IFR. Horizon is a nice regional with a nice contract.

I have a really good contract where I am teaching at now, which is fairly close to Horizon first year pay. I am 23 years old with close to 200 given and I have to count all my lucky stars to be in the position I am in now. Now if only I can get my multi and some trips with the plane then I'll be closer to where I would like to be now.