Sign in to follow this  
Guest FUMNX

how to get started

Guest FUMNX

Hi everybody,I know it is boring if a newcommer asks silly questions.......I am totally new to the painting subject. But could you give me a couple of hints how to get started with producing paintjobs? Do I need a special paintprogramme?...... Or give me a simple link to other sites where I can learn more about the structure of FS.Thanx for any clues or links..Best regs.Gunteralways try to keep a proper balance between take-offs and landings........

Hi GunterMost people seem to use either PaintShopPro or Photoshop, but in conjunction with a conversion program called Dxtbmp.exeThere is a useful tutorial that can be found athttp://www.gjsmith.com/Tutorial/Tutorial.htmand the program DXTBmp.exe is obtainable athttp://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htmMy suggestion is to work at Gary Smiths tutorial, then look at some of the texture work others have done at Aardvark and ProjectAI. You will need to be patient and try all the various techniques that the graphics programs offer. The better you become with the techniques, the better your aircraft textures will become.There are other tutorials about. Use the search function here at Avsim or use Google.CheersMike