Sign in to follow this  
Guest jetBlue_83

the GMAX sdk

Guest jetBlue_83

Has anyone tried exporting to an .X file from 3dsmax5.1 and then tried to run makemdl? I keep getting the error reporting screen and makemdl crashes. Help!

Guest jetBlue_83

well, after getting the pandasoft exporter (which I was using before) and folloeing the tutorial, I still get the same thing. it seems to me that either the makemdl might be at fault or something...

Guest jetBlue_83

You know, this is one of the things I dislike about modeling. That file, the "box.x" compiles flawlessy. :(

Guest Swedester

Try this settings with Panda:3DS Max ObjectsOutput Options: Mech definition Materials Include Animation Optimizeobject types: Geometric DummyMesh options: Mesh Normal Mapping coordinates---------------------------------AnimationOptions: Position, Scale & RotationTimeline: Key Frames---------------------------------X file settingsDX file type: TextDX frame: Sub Frame HierarchyCoordinate system: Left Handed AxisIf it still dosent work, make sure you havent mirrored any part with the convetional mirror tool, use the mirror from the stack.Also make use you reset Xfrom from the utilities if you have mirrored animated parts. Also reset the transformation and scale if needed.Good luck!

Ramon, I figured out what problem we are having. Yes, WE. I am also experiencing the same problem as you with my aircraft. I am using 3DS Max 6.1. It seems that some parts are making this error. I do not yet know a fix for it, but I am betting the dreaded OBED Scale. Try exporting your model as a .3DS, and load it into gMax and compile it from there. Tell me if you have more errors. I am interested in a fix, since I can't continue work without being able to export. Here is a link to my post over at freeflightdesign.http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...;num=1079621234Edit: please copy/past the link.

Guest jetBlue_83

See, the thing is, if I export to a 3ds file and open it in GMAX, I get a mees of jumbled parts....Anyways, I got the thing to work. It seemed that my engine parts (made from toruses and cylinders) were causing me problems. I also redid my fuselage to reduce the polycount. When I looked at the makemdl output file, I saw alot of entries for COLINEAR (not colocated) vertices. Again, these were in the engine parts I mentioned before. That might be a clue.