Sign in to follow this  
Guest in_04

Anyone working on AI GA planes?

Guest in_04

Hi all,I currently programmin a programm called "GA-Traffic" which will generate flightplans for GA Traffic. One problem the ALPHA tests show is that most of the great addon planes for FS9 are to heavy for AI use. Most of them have very high resolution textures. Those big textures bring even my ATI 9800 with 128 MB to it knees.So my question is anyone building small textured GA planes which could be used for AI traffic?Did someone managed to change the highresolution textures with lowresolution ones? Means switch from 1024x1024 to 512x512 without changing the model file? What did you think about making some AI GA planes? I mean there are many very good flyable planes available, but only a few AI GA planes.I think FS2004 is MS first simulator who show good GA traffic and god enough graphics for VFR flights, but the lack of GA AI planes is a big missing point. Currently I can only recomended the us of the stock planes for GA AI use, but there are to few for locking realy good.

Markus, I believe, from experience, that you can change the texture sixe and it is still applied correctly, have done it in the past on models as experiments and it worked. Would be nice to have new GA models made specifically for AI. Would like in game scenery for them like the Arnz models have, tie downs, etc. While I look forward to your program, unless there are some specific aircraft made for AI, I don't even bother with adding basic ones, just to much of a trade off on performance.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation[link:www.cgrmthelos.com]Cougar Mountain Helicopters

Best, Michael

KDFW

Mikko is working on a bunch of multi rez AI GA planes. Not sure when they may be ready though.Brian

Guest flightmike1

Keep an eye on ARNZ in the future too ;) .

Guest in_04

Hi Michael,the programm is currently in ALPHA test, and if you or someone else like to join the testing group, please drop a mail to me.I see no performance problems with the default planes, they could be easily handeld by my graphic card.I have visited the CalCirAir International VA homepage and didn't found the download link of the planes they use. Did you know where I can get those nice loocking planes?