Sign in to follow this  
E

Guns, Guns, Guns!(?)

We (okay, me *grin*) need a trigger controlled (only while airborne) effect that can be used for virtual guns, etc. Lago has made one for Jets with their F-16, and it works well on other acft, but includes auto-flaps. Captain Sim has made one for WWII vintage acft with their Yak-3. It also works well on other acft but must be armed each time using a Russian language panel by default. Has anyone made an xml to accomplish the same thing for freeware? Perhaps something more open-ended than the aformentioned GAU's, where the end XML-illiterate user can substitute effects and sounds for [whatever]?

Hi,You can use an existing xml light switch, e.g. recognition or logo etc., which is not in use on the panel, for the effect together with Doug Dawson's xml-sound.gau for the sound, single or loop.In the xml switch, trigger!, you can set the conditions when the guns are armed or not e.g. sim on ground,bool etc.Adapt the aircraft.cfg for the light effect and you're set.Didn't test, hope it helps,Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Hi,To extend a bit on Jan's comment.You could use this XML code: (A:BRAKE RIGHT POSITION, part) 0.4 > (A:RADIO HEIGHT,feet) 100 > && if{ (A:LIGHT RECOGNITION,bool) ! if{ (>K:TOGGLE_RECOGNITION_LIGHTS) } (G:Var1) ! if{ 1 (>G:Var1) 60030976 (>K:ADF2_COMPLETE_SET) (* Start Sound-94 *) } } els{ (A:LIGHT RECOGNITION,bool) if{ (>K:TOGGLE_RECOGNITION_LIGHTS) } (G:Var1) if{ 0 (>G:Var1) 60030976 (>K:ADF2_COMPLETE_SET) (* Stop Sound-94 *) } } The gun fires when you are airborne and press the Right brakes.DSB's freeware Tornado contains a nice Gun sound and effect.Copy the sound file to: dsd_xml_94.wavAnd couple the machine gun effect to Recognition light in the aircraft.cfg.(and install Dougs xml-sound gauge)Rob

>Hi,>>To extend a bit on Jan's comment.>>You could use this XML code:Thanks! That is what I, as an XML-illiterate, was looking for! I'll be trying this out tomorrow after work! (I'd bet there are a lot of warbird buffs out there, that are also XML illiterate and would appreciate someone releasing a "package" along these lines)

Thanks guys! that did the trick (well, once I learned to read what the sound gauge docs _really_ said. *grin*)