Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

(Total weight, pounds) parameter problem

Guest Zapem

HiAfter reading manuals and nearly all forum treads here I still have a problem.I'm trying to make a XML guage that contains some info about fuel, weight and so on.The fuel quantity in all tanks and total is OKNow I want to get the ACFT Total Weight but here comes my problem.I have tryed out this in a String:%(A:Total weight, pounds)%!d! but only show a 0. (it should be 117455)Even tryed with the kilogram, kg and lbs but still only the 0But when i type this in the string:%((A:Total weight, pounds) 1 /)%!d!Then the right number comes, but i dont think that this is the right way to do it or ??Any that can help me on this problem ?Thanks

Hi,In my panel this one works ok:%((A:TOTAL WEIGHT,POUNDS) 1000 /)%!3.1f!It gives Total Weight/1000 lbs.Example: My plane's weight is 264738 lbs;The gauge shows: 264.7Hope it helps,Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Zapem

Yes it works here to, but the

Hi,Think so.You could try to use:%((A:TOTAL WEIGHT,POUNDS))%!d!and you will have no dots.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Zapem

Thanks Jan%((A:TOTAL WEIGHT,POUNDS))%!d!That was the right String.

Guest Zapem

About the weight parameter from earlyer tread:I now even manage to get the numbers to switch color when some parameter not are correct like ower weight or to low fuel weight and so on.Here a snip from my parameter under COLORColor="%('#33FF00' '#FF0000' (A:Total Weight,kg) 85000 <= ! ?)"The Total Weight (here in KG) numbers are normaly Green if total weight is OK and if the total weight comes to 85000 kg or under the numbers change to RED.

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Looks ok by me. Did you try pounds also? I know I have had serious problems trying to use other units. Pounds instead of gallons, using "gallon-based" parameters usually gets me in big trouble.Here is btw how I use total weights, station weights etc to finally calculate ice weight.(A:Total Weight,pounds)(A:Empty Weight, pounds) -(A:Fuel Total Quantity Weight,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:1,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:2,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:3,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:4,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:5,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:6,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:7,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:8,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:9,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:10,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:11,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:12,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:13,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:14,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:15,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:16,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:17,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:18,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:19,pounds) -(A:Payload Station Weight:20,pounds) -(>L:Ice Weight,pounds)Just put it in an element and read out the parameter somewhere. I guess you can also use the (pax-based) station weights to determining oxygen consumtion rates :)

Karl,Noticed ice-build, more than 4000 lbs, in the "proper circumstances".Also the not so good effect of (>K:TOGGLE_STRUCTURAL_DEICE).It turned out that the best thing to get rid of the ice was to descend or ascend into better air.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Karl R Pettersen

In order to get TOGGLE_STRUCTURAL_DEICE to work, you need to set some parameters in the airfile. I have done this in the Baron (copied records from the C208, pluss experimenting a lot a long time ago), and it sheds ice like mad :) Very cool. I noticed that in the Baron, using the deice switch in the virtual cockpit, it toggles both prop and structural deice systems, but my own switches toggles each system separately.4000 pounds? Yikes! I hope that was not on the Baron :) Not so good effects? If it did work, I would expect to see some change in pitch immediately after booting. With "only" 150 pounds of ice on the Baron, my Angle of Attack indicator indicates that I'm on approach doing 140-150 kias :D

Not so much effect in the 767( measuring AOA)Would be nice to know how to change that airfile to get deice working.I use the 2 eng deice and struct. deice seperately.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Not so much effect in the 767( measuring AOA)>Would be nice to know how to change that airfile to get deice>working.>I use the 2 eng deice and struct. deice seperately.>Jan A recent version of Aired.ini (at Herve' Sor's Site) has been enhanced on deice settings. 1519 "DeIce Wing? Turbine, Intertial Separator" is an int32, and has at least 0,1,2 settings. It is not a bool. It is '1' for the MS747, 0 for the 777, '2' for the Baron and KingAir, and '0' for the C208. So, one might try several numberical values. I think I set it as a bool before. 1518 is "Prop Deice Available, a bool. The FS2K2 Mooney, KingAir, and Baron have it set True. AFSD also shows the effects of Ice. It is shown as an additional weight in red. One can also see prop efficiency drop if it gets iced. It isn't the weight of the ice that is a problem, it's the effect on Induced Drag due to the messed up airfoil. So, one can watch 'Cdi' or even total Drag in AFSD and see the effect of wing iceing. One needs a higher AoA to hold the AC level at a constant speed. -- While prop Ice wouldn't change Pitch/AoA if one can maintain IAS, but the throttle has to be advanced to get back to the un-iced prop thrust. Someone mentioned Carb Heat didn't appear to work in FS9, but I haven't seen this. If it works it's clear enough, the RPM will first decrease due to the higher intake air temperature, but in a few seconds it will increase if the heat is having an effect. One of the old Century of Flight AC has a Carb Intake Air temperature gauge. That works, though I'm not sure what it is based on; other than increasing the temperature above what it would be otherwise. ----------- I looked at some of the Baron XML switches and it appears they are messed up. They don't trigger the de-ice as they should. However, I was able to get prop, etc. deice from my KB assignments. I thought I'd seen turbine deice have an effect on one FS9 Jet, but haven't found it more recently.Ron

Ron,Now more than 10.000 lbs ice (AFSD_231)Added Record 1519 to the airfile, also your new aired.ini to Aired.Tried 0, 1 and 2 and...No succes with the 3 deice switches (eng1,2 and struct.)Only descending outside the "dangerous" layer helps.Btw. a noticeable effect on AOA and performance:With same thrust: less speed, more AOA; so drag and less lift.>10000 lbs did crash the Posky 767-300!What else to do?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Try copying rec.1548 (? the last and rather peculiar looking one?)from C208. I have no idea what this record is, but it seemed to help. The "unknowns", advanced ac, and some others should also be switched on. The default Baron uses fake switches for structural deice, but can easily be changed into something useful.Carb. heat does work, as long as engine deice system is present. However, the carburettor need icing conditions to ice up, which is not correct. Carburettor will ice up due to humidity, the temperature drop due venturi (?) doesn't seem to do anything good as far as icing goes. Try the default DC-3.Finally, there seem to exist a bug in FS9 weather (still), where icing conditions has to be set at the lower cloudlayer for any of the others to work.

Hi,With the "unknown's" i'm very unfamiliar, also the rest of the airfiles are a sort of queeste into ??.I copied 1548.Still, warm, dry airlayers are the best way to protect against crash!More info available?Jan"Procul Negotiis"