Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

C Gauge Programmers: "Blackbox File I/O" Gauge Available

Beta v1.0 version of the "Blackbox File I/O" gauge is available (free) upon request.If you'd like to incorporate File I/O into your gauge(s) without the hassle of writing your own routines, this may be for you! :)It provides 20 'broadcast generic variables' that are 7 digit integers (no decimal) and reads/writes to the ESDGblackbox.dat file.An entry like this in the panel.cfg will place the 'display' in the upper left corner. All variables are displayed for debugging purposes.gauge00=testpanel!testpanel, 0,0,250Once testing is completed, changing the above to 0,0,1,1 will reduce the gauge display to only one pixel, essentially hiding it...Access the variables from your own gauge as you would any other broadcast variable, using the format:value return = *valueX (where X is the variable number 1 through 20).Write to the variable using:valueX = at any time. The last "saved value" will be written to file.When the panel is first loaded, all variables are initialized to zero. When the a/c is unloaded, the data is written to ESDGblackbox.dat file in the FS9 folder.From that point on, any data you've "saved" will be accessible upon reload.I've used this to create a working Hobbs for a twin engine Cessna Citation II SP/2 (although I've actually incorporated the I/O into the working gauge), so that is one good use for this 'blackbox .gau...' :)Note: My sincere thanks to Arne, "jk," and Christian for their help through the rough spots... :)Bill

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest philg

It may or may not be of any interest, but as it's to do with the blackbox (or more FDR), I'm pretty much in the final stages of producing a module to save flightsim data into an ARINC data file...I'm just about to hopefully add some more parameters to the ARINC record what with the new sdk and hopefully access to some of the XML variables... My reason for doing this is so I can run my flights in FS through the software I help produce at work - which is FOQA (flight ops quality analysis) software as used by many airlines in the real world ;)Phil

Well, that certainly sounds like an interesting project, Phil! :)Good luck with it...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator