Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Scaling the torque indicator in Turboprops

Guest SHORT360

Hi,Has anyone an idea which value (in the air file I guess) has to be trimmed in order to show the right torque value on the default King Air gauges ???Thanks a lotRoger

Guest bartels

No idea. I usually build a gauge with adapted scale (TURB_ENGINE_1_PCT_MAX_TORQUE for C gauges; value :0...1).Much easier (for me) then refining the airfile.Arne Bartels

Guest SHORT360

Hi Arne,Problem is that I use a stand alone Eicas application on a Client and this software is looking for the output value generated by the plane file. I do not use the standard gauges. ThanksRoger

Guest Douglas K

>>>>Has anyone an idea which value (in the air file I guess) has to be trimmed in order to show the right torque value on the default King Air gauges ???<<<

Guest SHORT360

Douglas,I was not that sure, and always afraid to change the graphics without any precise manuals.Many thanks indeed. Will make some tests.Roger

Guest Douglas K

Roger,You're welcome.>>>>I was not that sure, and always afraid to change the graphics without any precise manuals.<<<http://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/index.htmlA lot to choose from, but if nothing else you should look at Ian Kerr's papers on turbine engines that can be found on the FS Airfile Design Documentation page.Also, if you don't already have it then download the Freeware AFSD utility from the same site. AFSD is a great utility that will let you look into the workings of the MSFS aircraft, powerplants and propellers. Douglas