Hi,I know the ignition system is necessary for combustion and sometimes you even can choose between 1, 2 or both systems operable.Also the starter switches have several positions among them the "off-position", which cuts the ignition.Using: ( A:MASTER IGNITION SWITCH,bool) and ( >K:TOGGLE_MASTER_IGNITION_SWITCH) works so to say: it kills the engines!Is that reality?So the small questions:1. What is the place of the ignition switch in the jet panel?2. Does someone use it and how?Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest Karl R Pettersen

>Using: ( A:MASTER IGNITION SWITCH,bool) and >( >K:TOGGLE_MASTER_IGNITION_SWITCH) works so to say: >it kills the engines!>Is that reality?I believe so, after all you're turning off the ignition ;) In a Cessna 421B there would be a "guard-bar" that can switch off all magnetoes in one operation. In fact, there is also one such device for the three electrical master switches (battery and alternators). See http://www.aso.com/aircraft/78641/panel-2.jpg for reference (had to look it up :))The DC-3 is also equipped with a master ignition, unfortunately it defaults to on position at startup...(A:MASTER IGNITION SWITCH,bool) and (>K:TOGGLE_MASTER_IGNITION_SWITCH) could be used for these "guard-bars".Which reminds me to reprogram something in the C421B :DEdit: Didn't realize that links were automatically loaded. Oh well. In any case, see the metal bars on the "left panel", guarding the three abd four switches above the red starter switches.

ThanksI see, but how and what in a jetplane?Jan

Guest bartels

I have to check back at home, but jet engines need ignition for starting not for permanent use, if I recall that right.BTW in old planes (DC3,JU52, etc.) the main switch on the ignition is a short circuiter, which short circuits the magnetos, so in case of windmilling the magnetos don't produce sparks.Arne Bartels

Arne,What you write is correct.I'm only looking for a way to implement somewhere the A:var and K-event in my jetpanel.It is (until now?) not possible to use it for only one engine (using >K:engine,>K:select-1 etc.), which could be useful.So i fear the use is quite limited, cause all engines die immediately and there are several other ways to make one engine silent.Jan"Procul Negotiis"