Sign in to follow this  
Guest mmorrell

windowless GPS

Guest mmorrell

Does any of you panel gurus think that is possible to remove the frame (switches and dials) from the default GPS in FS9? I would like to build a GPS for my home cockpit and need to have display portion fill the screen as I will have real switches. Any help appreciated.

Hi,As with any XML gauge you can edit the fs9gps.You can remove and alter text and bitmaps.But mind the macro stuff.If you spread switches and display over different gauges you need a lot of macro's in all that gauges; a bit of a puzzle.If you do a small search you 'll find some info about it.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Guest mmorrell

Thanks for your reply. So you are saying that this possible? I don't want to alter any functions but just want to have the gps display fill the screen on my 7" vga monitor. I will have real switches assigned to the fs9 gps keystrokes using fsbus. The problem I am having now is that a full screen GPS has the frame and switches visible. If I remove the frame (by learning how to edit the fs9gps file?) then I have to worry about macros? Sorry for all of the questions - and I'm sure most of this stuff is available elsewhere in this forum - it's just I'm not sure of my questions so my searches are pretty non-specific.Thanks.

As a simple start you can make all bitmaps of the GPS black, transparant, and see what happens.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

Mitch,This can easily be done assuming you have every function you need mapped to keys. Further, the GPS can be scaled to any size with a few further modifications. I have already done this (with other mods)for my own use, and would be glad to do it for you if you have difficulty. Just send me an e-mail at varmint007@hotmail.com if you need help.--Jon

Guest mmorrell

Thanks Jon - I have sent you an email.