Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

About XML Compiling with Microsoft's Compiler.......

Guest Kobie1244

I have read the SDK in reference to the CAB DIR. I have been unsuccessful in trying to compile anything. I have followed what the SDK says... and no dice. Can anybody point me in the right direction, or give me an easier compiler to work with? I remember.... not too long ago.... an easier compiler was out there... just dont remember where I got it. It had an easy to use interface. Can somebody help please?? Thanks in advance!Kobie :-wave

>I have read the SDK in reference to the CAB DIR. I have been>unsuccessful in trying to compile anything. I have followed>what the SDK says... and no dice. Can anybody point me in the>right direction, or give me an easier compiler to work with? I>remember.... not too long ago.... an easier compiler was out>there... just dont remember where I got it. It had an easy to>use interface. Can somebody help please?? Thanks in advance!>>Kobie :-waveKobie! Hi! :-waveYou cann't get much simpler than CABDIR.exeForget the SDK and simply do it the easy way:Create a folder with CABDIR.exe only in it.Create a sub-folder for your XML gauge, and name the folder the name you want to use for your gauge:MakeCAB.....CABDIR.exe.....MYGAUGE..........mygaugecode.xml..........mygauge.bmp..........more.bmp..........evenmore.bmp..........etc.bmpThen, from a DOS Box, simply click on the folder name and "drop" it on CABDIR.exe.Within seconds, your .CAB file will be created! :)In fact, I keep all my .xml gauges in sub-folders of the MakeCAB folder all the time. I just drag-n-drop to create a new .CAB anytime I need one...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,Try in Google a search for:CABPACK.EXEMay be that is program what you're looking for.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

>CABPACK.EXE>>May be that is program what you're looking for.How is that simpler than the approach described above? I have it, but frankly have never looked at it, since my method works just fine already... :)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Kobie1244

Thanks Guys! This forum is the *^%&^%!Kobie :-wave

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Off course you don't actually _need_ to cab the files either. Anyone here in this forum will most likely uncab it and explored with keen eyes long before the aircraft is tested anyways :D

Guest Kobie1244

" Off course you don't actually _need_ to cab the files either. Anyone here in this forum will most likely uncab it and explored with keen eyes long before the aircraft is tested anyways "Whats this suppose to mean??? Kobie :-wave

>" Off course you don't actually _need_ to cab the files>either. Anyone here in this forum will most likely uncab it>and explored with keen eyes long before the aircraft is tested>anyways ">>Whats this suppose to mean??? It means that Karl is nosey, and likes to see how others have coded their gauges! :) Actually, he's not alone in that. I suspect that all XML gauge people do the same... :)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Kobie1244

I really dont care if people see the code. I'm all about helping people learn the greatness of flight simulator! :7 Maybe somebody will learn something, and bring something to the table that nobody has ever done before themselves. And as to seeing code in XML...... thats how I learned, plus asking questions and reading some books. No harm done though. ;-)Kobie :-wave

Of course, that's why I was "smiling..." ;)We all learn the same way: by example.

Fr. Bill