Sign in to follow this  
Guest Karl R Pettersen

How do you loop sections within wav files???

Guest pancreas

I am referring to the capabilites of the default reverse thrust and gyro sounds. When you activate the associated function, the file plays until a preselected looping section is reached, then FS just loops that until the function is deactivated.As an example, open up any default gyro sound and you'll see that it has windup, loop, and winddown sounds all in one file. It winds up when you flip the master battery switch to on, then loops a section in the middle until you switch the master switch off, whereupon the wind down segment is played.I have tried using Cool Edit's Cues and Sound Forge's Edit Sample ("Sustaining Loop") functions, both to no avail. It just loops the entire file and not the section I specified. Perhaps MS uses another sound editing program I'm not aware of.Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Sorry, I have not a clue! It has puzzled me since the dawn of time what is actually required to get the cuepoints to work. I've tried every fileformat Cool had to offer, but no success. Just saving a default file renders the cuepoints inoperative... Hopefully a future SDK will shed some light on this as it did with the alpha-images for gauges.Don't hesitate to let the forum know if you find out more.I have given up...(read: bump :))