Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stick

Asembly of modified .asm files.

Guest ptwaugh

Wonder how you asemble the .asm files with makemdl after you hack them. I'm experiementing with modifying the rotation of the main rotors of helicopters.Thanks for your input.

I guess you could try compiling them with BGLC (fs2002 compiler, use 4/03/02 version) available in one of the FS2002SDKs. Richard Ludowise also made a BGLC_9 compiler. Search the MSFS Scenery Design Forum for Rumbaflappy.I don't know if these compilers will give you an *.MDL or *.BGL.W. Sieffert

Guest Stick

Have not been able to find this BGLC_9, or for that matter any oh his posts on that forum. I'm worried that if I use bglc.exe then I will lose FS9 features.I have discovered how to modify the length of ticks the _still and _slow animations show, and thus tweak the rotor animation slightly. However, I'm very interested in adjusting the rotational rate to make the rotor spin up more realistic. I'd also like to add a bounce to the tips, but have been unable to override the stock animation.StickAuthor of LaunchControl for FShttp://webpages.charter.net/pwaugh/

>Wonder how you asemble the .asm files with makemdl after you>hack them. I'm experiementing with modifying the rotation of>the main rotors of helicopters.You cannot reassemble the .asm files. You will need to make the mods to the .x file and then use MakeMDL to recompile them.If you tried to use BGLC (which, BTW comes with the Scenery SDK), then you'll wind up with a static .bgl scenery object, which is pretty much worthless for your purposes.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Stick

Actually, no.You simple rename the .bgl to .mdl. I have a working model to prove it. And, in order to alter the stock animations, you have to modify the .asm, as this is not contained in the .x file.Author of LaunchControl for FShttp://webpages.charter.net/pwaugh/

Guest Firestriker

Using a command line like:bglc.exe /mdl myplane.asmworks for me.If you are going to be doing it several times on the same source file, make a little batch file using notepad with the command line and save it in the directory where you have your *.ASM file naming it compile.bat. Then all you have to do is double click on it to do the compile. I also recommend that you put bglc.exe in one of your directories that are in your PATH= environment variable so you can call it from anywhere.Lou

Guest Stick

You rock.BGLC_9 was indeed what I sought. As it happens, it's author had just emailed me a copy before you posted this. That combined with the info on setting up makemdl.cfg has fixed everything right up. Now I can tweak the stock animations in the ASM file, and things are moving right along.StickAuthor of LaunchControl for FShttp://webpages.charter.net/pwaugh/