Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Compiling Aircraft .asm with BGLC

Guest Stick

Hi all,I have successfully figured out how to modify a .asm to do what I want, but now I'm concerned that if I use BGLC from FS2002 to compile the asm to .bgl, and then change it to .mdl that I might not get all the FS9 features.So, my question is, is there a way to compile .asm's with makemdl.exe or some other tool that is FS9 compliant? I'm pretty sure that bglc.exe will not be.StickAuthor of LaunchControl for FShttp://webpages.charter.net/pwaugh/

See my reply in the previous thread. BGLC is only used to compile scenery objects to .bgl files (hence the name BGLC!)You need to make the mods to the .x file and recompile with MakeMDL.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Actually no.>>All you do is rename the .bgl file to .mdl, and it works fine.> I have a working model to prove it.Now that is certainly news to me. I'll have to give it a go and demonstrate that for myself.I wonder why MS didn't document that anywhere?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator