Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

Reading the leading edge slats in C gauges

I'd like to read the FS variable that corresponds to the leading edge slats in a C gauge. Does anyone know how to do this?FLAPS_POS_LEFT/RIGHT or TRAILING_EDGE_FLAPS0_LEFT_ANGLE give only information about the trailing edge flaps, not about the slats.In XML, I noticed the following parameters exist:LEADING EDGE FLAPS LEFT PERCENTLEADING EDGE FLAPS LEFT ANGLEBut I don't know how to read these parameters in a C gauge.Does anyone know how to do this?ThanksEric

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Eric,No direct way that I know of, like in XML, but if you program the flaps yourself, you should know when the slats start extending (most likely 0) and at what percentage of full flaps they get extended fully, so it is just a matter of reading FLAPS_POS_LEFT/RIGHT and calculating the percentage of slat extension.Did you get my e-mail? I had answered your original one, got your second one today, and answered again, seems like you never got my first response.Best regards,

Guest bartels

Since FS9 C-gauges allow XML code execution it should be possible.E.g.FLOAT64 slats_pos;...execute_calculator_code("(A:LEADING EDGE FLAPS LEFT PERCENT,percent)",&slats_pos,NULL,NULL);...execute_calculator_code("(A:LEADING EDGE FLAPS RIGHT PERCENT,percent)",&slats_pos,NULL,NULL);Arne Bartels

Thanks for your help !!It works great and I was able to read the leading edge slat value, just perfect. By the way, it is very useful to read other variables that are not available in C, such as ATC id, pushback status, etc...Eric

Guest bartels

Not sure about ATC ID , I wasn't able to read it with execute_calculator_code yet.Arne Bartels