Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ron Freimuth

Turbine Inlet Temperature values?

Guest ryanlogan

I am having trouble getting values out of FS2002 to drive #### gauge. Is there a particular value that must be set in the .air file or .cfg file to drive this. It's set up as a turbo prop and most everything else is working fine!Thanks,Ryan

Guest Ian_K

Hello Ryan,I have not figured the TP out yet but the TF/TJ are now done and confirmed by some others.I think the .air file will produce a broken TET calculation, but there is an entry for what its worth.If you want to get TETs you might get a manual somewhere or compute it your self from the cycle model. What TP is it?Have a look at my engine notes for the gory details.Engines and Airfileshttp://perso.wanadoo.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/fsdocs.htmlSo you are writing a TET gauge :-)Ian

Guest bartels

If you are referring to the variable RECIP_ENGINEx_TIT_DEGR the answer is, not for turboprops. It is for turbocharged reciprocating engines. AFAIK there is no variable for "Turbine Inlet Temperature" for jet engines available.Arne Bartels

Guest Ian_K

Hello Arne,I was thinking of:[600]19=48,int32,*Turbine Temp Gauge Factor (256 is 100%)19h=Degrees C * 25620=4C,int32,Turbine Temp Gauge Scalar (256 is 100%) in .air file which may or may not be of some use.Ian

Guest ryanlogan

I have a gauge that I pulled out of another aircraft that is giving some value for #### and it appoears to be affected by the simulation, so, I just wonder whats driving it.I have looked up these 2 and neither are driven:ENGINE1_TURBINE_TEMPERATURERECIP_ENGINE1_TIT_DEGRAre there any other options it might be...the King Air has the ITT gauge as well? There must be something appropriate to drive it....Thanks,Ryan

Guest ryanlogan

Looks like they must be using ENGINE1_EGT to drive the ITT ot ####...sort of works!

Guest bartels

I think ITT is interstage turbine temperature, the temperature measured between the two stages of the turbine. As far as I know it is the usual procedure to measure turbine temperatures, it is more or less the same as EGT (a bit higher) an turbine intake temperature (a bit lower). The reason for a measurement between the turbine stages is, that the temperature probes don't get too hot, compared to measuring in the inlet of the first turbine stage.Arne Bartels

I use TURB_ENGINE1_ITT for the ITT gauge, and a "fudged factored version" of that for the T.I.T guage

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Ron Freimuth

"I think ITT is interstage turbine temperature, the temperature measured between the two stages of the turbine..." I think the same variable works for jet turbines. The Lear panel indicates ITT. So does the turboprop panel gauge in the C208's. I think it is close to EGT in reading, but normally has a different Time Constant. Both settable in the AIR file. I have the curves from a real turbocharged engine flight and noted ITT and EGT varied roughtly as they do in FS. However, EGT for jets isn't that accurate. While you can set it for cruise, it doesn't change as it should with RPM. Though, it's much better than 'EPR'. I often don't know what the units are for XML Parameters, in that case I look at it as a 'number' and try to figure out the units. For example, HP is in Watts, not 'HP'. Temperatures may be in deg R. Add 259 F to get F.RAF