Sign in to follow this  
hothopper

Frame Rate Parameter?

Is there a parameter I can pick up to monitor the frame rate?I'm new at gauge building and am starting with a simple but useful project: monitor the frame rate and if it falls below a pre-determine threshold value, play a tone and display the current rate in a small box, then continue to display the rate until it rises a little above the threshold. I've read through Microsoft's panel and gauge SDK, but can't find a parameter to call to get the frame rate. Any help would be appreciated.On the other hand, if anyone knows of such a gauge, please let me know. No use duplicating efforts!Thanks,Ron

Guest a123456

Have you finaly done this gauge? I am interested on it. That I know, you can only get that parameter through fsuipc. Anyone can help?Thank youAlberto

I haven't looked into FSUIPC as a source of the data. Your reply is the only one I have received. I wouldn't think this would be very difficult to do, though.

Guest bartels

With C gauges it is possible to get the FPS indirectly: the gauge_cb repeatedly called at different times. If the service_id is PANEL_SERVICE_PRE_DRAW a frame is drawn, also PANEL_SERVICE_PRE_UPDATE is called 18 times per sec. With a bit of averaging and trickery the FPS can be deduced from these two events, but I admit there is no easy way to read FPS directly.Arne Bartels

Sounds both clever and tricky to me. Great idea!Just FYI for everyone out there, I originally started this project several months ago when I got laid off from a computer company I had worked for for 23 years. Now I'm starting to get some steady consulting business and will have to put this project on the back burner until possibly some future date. Thanks for all of your replies.